Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2014, 04:22 PM   #21
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Anywhere , USA Living.Somewhere.Yonder
All washed and ready for storage. Was cold out there but had to be done.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:11 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2007 31' Classic
Kansas City , Missouri
Ne plus ultra RV storage

Here's a link to the Subtropolis RV Storage in Kansas City: RV, Boat and Vehicle Storage ... SubTropolis Storage | Home ... The KC area's newest, most convenient, secure underground storage facility!.
We pay $1300 per year for storage in the Subtropolis, which gives us 100% peace of mind about damage from weather, vandalism and theft. Priceless!
JBinKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 10:01 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2001 25' Safari
Ridgefield , Washington
What a great storage option. Nothing like that here in CA. I used to do a lot of spelunking in limestone caves in the Midwest while I was in college. They have a constant temperature of about 55 degrees even in the dead of winter. Some sections of caves are bone dry while other areas are dripping wet. I would expect the same in a man-made underground limestone cavern. So select the climate-controlled option for a drier storage area. Humidity of 65% is not bad. I wouldn't use damp-rid products because you would need to return to your AS in storage frequently to empty the water that accumulates on the bucket and/or replace them. Prop your refrigerator door open while it's in storage. You won't have to worry about mice, but how about bats?
Nomad518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 01:57 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

Surf City , New Jersey
Just moved to Pittsburgh. I reserved a spot at Bradys Bend. climate controlled. Why do they want the roof vents closed? I thought airflow was a good thing? Do you take out the cushions and the bed? If so, why? Any other suggestions? Leaving some sort of drying agent inside perhaps?
weber.roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 02:45 PM   #25
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by weber.roger View Post
Just moved to Pittsburgh. I reserved a spot at Bradys Bend. climate controlled. Why do they want the roof vents closed? I thought airflow was a good thing? Do you take out the cushions and the bed? If so, why? Any other suggestions? Leaving some sort of drying agent inside perhaps?
Hi

I would not count on getting a lot of quick feedback from a 3+ year old thread .... This one does seem to answer your "climate controlled or not" question in your other thread.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote