Old 05-01-2012, 05:21 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member
1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
deland , Florida
storing airstream animal question

hey guys, im still in the process of finishing my airstream argosy. almost done but still not campable right now. i have her stored under a awning in my yard but im afraid mice or maybe even snakes or something is going to crawl into it cause half the belly pan is off right now. im going to be getting a dehumidifier for her so she stays clean on the inside, is there anything else i can do to keep varmits from getting or reproducing in her? would it be wise to put some mice bait down so if they do get in they dont last? also with a dehumidifier should i keep the trailer closed up? right now i have the roof vent open cause ti is under cover so im not worried about rain

Jason and Miranda 1966 safari/1970 chevy c-10
386kustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:16 AM   #2
Rivet Master
1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
I built a barn and put a gravel floor in it. I locked my trailer up as best I could. Mice found there way in and got into all kind of things. I think you will just have to check it frequently and be prepared to do some cleaning.

Brian & Adrienne
Lothlorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:29 PM   #3
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
When we got our 1985 Excella the previous owner had put dryer sheets all around and under things and said that it works to keep the vermin out. I've continued doing it and have not had any. Maybe it works. The only things we have to deal with and are a nuisance more than anything else is the stink bugs. Not too bad this past year but 2 years ago I was vacumeing them up. We park it outside on a gravel drive.
Roger in NJ

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Last summer I went through mine inch by inch and stuffed any possible opening in the floor with stainless steel pot scrubbers or parts there of. Two snap traps baited, set, and still empty.
Click on the link to see a picture of the Sioux River falls near my home.
Eastern South Dakota is very pretty with hills, rivers, and trees.
Splitrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member
1972 27' Overlander
Penokee , Kansas
Food and water are to 2 key items mice look for and need.. Most poisons are about worthless,, as I have seen piles of po,, that are blue or green,, ( the same color as the poison.. By the size of the piles of po, and the amount of poison ate,, it just does not work any more..

I know this is not right by laws and tree huggers,,, but it does work..!!! Good old green anti freeze.. Just a little in the bottom of a plastic bottle cap,, or lid seems to work better than anything else I have found.. Some feel its the sweet taste,, others say its just wet.. Who cares as the amount of damage and hardship mice can do to a stored combine,, tractor or Airstream can be costly,..

Just make sure they are put somewhere that pets,, and grand kids can find..

2012 Ram 1500 Tradesman Hemi, 4x4, 6 speed

20mpg empty, 14 mpg with 27' Overlander.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!
Sodbust is offline   Reply With Quote