Old 10-24-2019, 05:48 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
La Pine , Oregon
Stay away from Coast to Coast Carports

Sorry this is so long -
Have to spend another winter in the AS so I decided to get an RV cover erected. Unfortunately, up here in the boonies, the options are few and far between. I had an RV cover erected at my place in Oregon, but that vendor doesn't service this area. My next door neighbor used Coast to Coast so I figured I'd give them a try - BIG, BIG, MISTAKE.

I put money down ($300 non-refundable) for a carport on September 19th. Week before last (week of October 7th) I got a phone call they would be here to put up the carport on the 15th.
Monday, the 14th I get a phone call their truck broke down and they will be here on Friday, the 17th.
Thursday afternoon, the 16th I get another call they're backed up and won't be here until Saturday, the 19th. Get everything ready (had to move my RV and "break everything down"). At 8:21 AM I get a call that they're essentially lost - @ 25 miles away. I try to give instructions but English isn't their primary language. Send a text message with detailed driving instructions as well as text a map. Wait an hour and nothing.
Try calling - message says they can't receive voice messages because they aren't set up. Try calling 4-5 more times during the day - nothing! Call the Arkansas HQ (Arkansas - that probably should have been a warning) and a guy says to call back on Monday (21st). I texted Madison (the Oregon and Washington rep) Saturday and again Monday, called and left message on Monday - no response. Finally after sending a nasty text again on Wednesday she texts that she can't reach the crew or the Oregon C to C office manager. It's now Thursday. Called and left another voicemail - no response. Called the Oregon C to C office - busy signal.
I filed a complaint with Washington AG but don't expect much relief from them.
Here's their response -
Thank you for contacting the Consumer Protection Division of the Washington State Attorney General’s Office. Consumer complaints provide valuable information that our office uses to identify patterns of unfair or deceptive practices that may warrant enforcement of the Consumer Protection Act.
The complaint you submitted to our office regarding Coast to Coast Carports was reviewed and determined to be appropriate for the informal complaint resolution services offered by our Consumer Resource Center. This is an informal, voluntary process. Our office acts as a neutral party to facilitate communication between consumers and businesses to assist in resolving the complaint. We are prohibited by Washington State law from providing legal advice or representing either party.
The following information describes our informal complaint resolution process:
Informal Complaint Resolution Process:
The process takes approximately four to six weeks to complete. A copy of your complaint was sent to the business(es) with a request to provide our office with a response within 21 calendar days. If a response is received, you will be notified and a copy of the response will be provided to you. If our office has not received a response from the business(es) within 14 calendar days, a courtesy reminder will be sent to the business(es) reminding them that their response is due within the next 7 calendar days. If the business(es) do not respond to our request, our office cannot compel the business(es) to respond.
If the business does not respond or does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction:
If the business(es) do not respond, or your complaint is not resolved through our informal complaint resolution service, your complaint will be closed. However, you will be notified of additional options and resources that may be available to assist you in the event you wish to pursue the matter further.
Pardon my French, but what the hell good is the AG?

So please save yourself a ton of headaches and AVOID Coast to Coast at all costs (Take a look at their Google reviews - wish I'd done that though I haven't found any other companies that service this area.)
andyherman is offline   Reply With Quote