Old 03-30-2004, 09:05 AM   #15
Arr, we captain our ship!

Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
I was into dinosaurs a couple years ago but grew out of it...

X

Old 03-30-2004, 12:18 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

Send a message via Yahoo to silver suz
Hey, in New Mexico? There must be GREAT dino fossils. Is dino national park there? There 's a couple of pirate ships in Las Vegas!
Do you know if anyone has taken their trailer into the caribbean and toured around an island? Any wally bynum trips? Where do you plan to go pirating?
suz

Old 03-30-2004, 01:18 PM   #17
Arr, we captain our ship!

Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Suz,

Come May, we're heading straight west to California then north up the coast through Oregon and onto Vancouver then into Canada up to Banff, then down into Montana via Glacier down to Yellystone, and back some roundabout way. 'Spect to be gone for a month or so on this trip. Be nice to get out of this heat! Already heatin' up here.

I think Dinosaur Park is in Colorado. We avoid Las Vegas (at least the one in Nevada - there's one here too...) so can't attest to the pirate ships there! Don't know if anybody's done the Islands in their 'Stream but I am reading Burke's Airstream History and will see if I can find anything like that one. Don't doubt it though.

Always good to hear from you Suz ,

X
Old 03-30-2004, 01:42 PM   #18
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I can see how water would vary from area to area. We get reports every half year from our muni that indicates what the findings in our water are as reported by the state audit folks and they compare them with the state standards. Lake Michigan as well as most of the great lakes took pretty hard beatings in the 60s and 70's--with Lake Erie I believe that had the worst of all.

Today, they are far from perfect, but they are pretty darn good as efforts have been made across the board to stop all the nonsense that was going on in the past. The main issue today is the loss of volume. Most if not all the great lakes have lost several feet.
Old 03-30-2004, 01:52 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

Send a message via Yahoo to silver suz
Oh, wow my old stomping grounds! If you are going thru Death Valley, Owens valley mono lake and then up through the mt pass into yosemite- those alpine lakes are heaven! Yosemite is worth the crowds! Dietjen's big sur inn- You probably would pass it up it's a great local treasure-great food! Dont miss Big Sur, or Point Lobos national preserve ...my opinion of best places Grand Canyon,in the river, yosemite high country,Point Lobos and Tobago (well you wont be going there this time!). Monterey Bay aquarium- we were members for the first 7 years-what a place to hang out. Mt Shasta, the mountain, not the lake. there's a great campground on a little lake looking straight at Mt. Shasta, incredible. Dont miss when the sacramento river comes gushing out at the bottom of the MT. in a little city park in mt shasta- but then there's Route 1 and the Redwoods, the oregon coast line is georgous The San Juan Islands, drool....If you get into Victoria.... stop at murchie's (murchison's tea shop) there's a campground above victoria, and beautiful gardens... drool.. I lived in Berkeley up by the rose garden, Chez Panisse is down the hill where new california cuisine was made. Then 14 years in the Santa Cruz Mt.s above Monterey Bay. It sounds like a wonderful trip. drool...drool... Enjoy! suz P.S. make sure the east entrance to yosemite is open I remember camping in snow on May 15th.
Old 03-30-2004, 02:41 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

Richmond , Virginia
JacK:

Great idea about lighting a burner, turning it and the tanks off, than re-lighting the burner to see if it briefly burns. If it does, good indication there are no leaks.

Thanks! I get my Bambi TOMORROW!!!!

WBCCI #2468
2006 Ford F-150 Lariart 4X4
2004 19' Bambi Safari LS
luckydc is offline   Reply With Quote