Old 08-15-2008, 03:12 PM   #57
Commercial Member

2014 23' FB International
1959 24' Tradewind
Santa Rosa , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Airslide
Yes steve.. It is. Ask to speak to Greg. He does the internet specials. He was very helpful and willing to work with me on price. In fact when i was browsing around i found a closeout special and thats how i ended up saving a thousand dollars. I suggest getting the vents and the roll up door kit. It will come with these very cool anchors that you drive down into the dirt about 2 feet if possible and then when tugging on the cable that was driven down with the anchor it turns sideways and locks into place. i have 22 of these holding it in place from wind exposure. I selected "tan" only because i live in a pretty populated area and have an HOA to deal with.. didnt want to go green or blue on them.

Good luck! I have a ton of pictures if your intersted of the final project. It would have helped me a ton when i was trying to use the directions!

2014 Intl 23' FB
1959 Tradewind 24'
2011 Dodge Dually Crew
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:38 AM   #58
Rivet Master
1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
For those that wants something more able to take up and down or a temp shelter, Go to a trucking company that has flat bed trailers and get the address for the company that made thier tarps or you can google Tarps flat bed semi, you can order tarps that are up to 53 feet in length and any width, then take 1 3/4 poles and make a frame place the tarp over the frame so it goes from ground over the top to ground and you have a covered storage. Because these tarps are made for trucking purposes they are made for all weather conditions unlike the store bought tarps that tear with a little wind or cold.
Another suggestion is if you have one of those framed tarps that you buy in the store, take a sprayer and spray it with antifreeze, believe it or not it keeps or reduces the ability of the tarp to freeze. This is what we do in winter when we have to tarp loads.

SARGE/AF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #59
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Originally Posted by empresley View Post

Found some help and got the trusses and roofing installed in about 10 hrs.
Permanent bracing and trim is next.
How much in material costs for something like this?

“The atoms of our bodies are traceable to stars that manufactured them...We are not figuratively, but literally stardust.”

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote