Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2015, 11:57 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2001 25' Safari
Ridgefield , Washington
Relocating to Vancouver, WA

It's looking like we will be relocating to Vancouver, Washington in the near future. I'm looking for advice from forum members in that area on the following:

1. Recommendations for storage facilities: Our AS has been stored under cover or indoors since we bought it new. Can you recommend any similar storage facilities in Vancouver or Portland?

2. Winterizing: Our AS has enjoyed a mild climate in CA its entire life. We've never needed to winterize it. If you're in the Vancouver area, do you winterize your AS? Has it been necessary to winterize?

3. Favorite campgrounds: We're looking forward to exploring the area in our AS. If you live in the area, what are your favorite campgrounds?

Thanks for your input!
Scott
Nomad518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:30 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1973 31' Excella 500
Marysville , Washington
Hi Scott,

Welcome to WA. I live about 200miles North of Vancouver so I can't contribute to Q#1.

Q#2. YES, you will need to winterize.

Q#3. Right off the bat there are probably 10 great coastal state campgrounds along the Northern Oregon/Southern Washington Coast. Heading East through mountains and waterfalls gets you to the dry country. Any environment you want! Check out Ft Steven in OR and Grayland in WA. From Grayland you'll want to (leave the trailer) drive to the fishing village of Westport WA. Oh, and in season you can do whale watching from the jetty at the north end of Ft Stevens (mouth of the Columbia). Its fun to see whales within 100 yards.

John
Not Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:56 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2001 25' Safari
Ridgefield , Washington
John, Thanks! I'm starting a list of must see destinations. And, fortunately there are great tips on winterizing here on the forums. I love this site!
Nomad518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:21 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2011 22' Sport
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad518 View Post

1. Recommendations for storage facilities: Our AS has been stored under cover or indoors since we bought it new. Can you recommend any similar storage facilities in Vancouver or Portland?

3. Favorite campgrounds: We're looking forward to exploring the area in our AS. If you live in the area, what are your favorite campgrounds?

Thanks for your input!
Scott
Scott, did you ever find a good storage place? I am searching right now, I have a growing list but the prices vary widely...as does the convenience of the location. Seems that there are far more RVs/boats to store here than there are storage spaces.

Also wondering if you found any favorite CGs, we were just in the Hoodoo's Camp Sherman RV Park and had a lovely time. Not the most glamorous RV park, but they had full hookups and the location met what we wanted...and it was a bonus for our 2.5 year old that the Black Butte School was only a very short walk away, so a free playground
SilverHouseDreams is offline   Reply With Quote