Old 03-05-2015, 07:54 AM   #15
Rivet Master
We had mice in our trailer this year for the first time. We think they were coming in the front door as the trailer had been broken into and the door pried open. We had that professionally repaired and weather stripped. The other place we sealed up was under the street side small cabinet where electric and utility lines run. The mice lived in the small cave there. There was a small hole where the trailer umbilical cord ran and we sealed that up with spray foam.
We got rid of the existing mice with sticky traps and have had no more since.
I think it is possible to get ride of mice if you carefully inspect your trailer and seal up every possibility.

handn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:01 AM   #16
Rivet Master
2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
We used to have trouble with mice getting into the trailer, but since I put a couple of ultra sonic rodent repellant things from Tractor Supply in there, no more mice. However, to work the trailer needs to be plugged in to power.

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."-- Thomas Jefferson
SteveH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:26 AM   #17
Rivet Master
1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
Since I threw dcon bait bars in barn & machine shed where AS parked in winter I have not had rodent problems, but I find lots of them dead on floors in bldgs. Small pack of dcon in AS have not seen any traces or droppings etc.
featherbedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 02:19 PM   #18
2009 25' SS International
Sapphire , North Carolina
I live in an area with lot's of mice and have found methods to keep them out of the house even though people around here say it's impossible to keep them out. Catch the mice in live traps, let them go and watch, they almost always go back to their access point. Seal it with steel wool or metal tape and set the traps back up. Eventually the mice will show you all the holes. I have had two Airstreams, an 04 and an 08. Both got mice and this method worked until one of the mice ate a hole in the water tank! I would like to know how a high end camper like Airstream can build campers that leave the factory with mouse holes. CEO, can you hear me? Why would you not replace your plant manager and find one who can do his job right?

mmagalis is offline   Reply With Quote