Old 10-15-2016, 10:33 PM   #1

2017 30' International
Chicago , Illinois
Looking for storage info in Chicago

Hello Everyone! I'm new to the forum (first post) and a new soon to be owner of a Airstream International Serenity 30'. After many trips renting RVs, we decided to buy one. We will be taking delivery sometime around Thanksgiving. In any case, I was hoping to meet some others in the Chicago area. Specifically, I'd like to know where others are storing their trailers. I live in Downtown and obviously space is at a premium. We were able to find outdoor storage at a reasonable price with fence and cameras...it is outdoor so security can always be an issue (especially in downtown). How do others in the downtown are deal with this? Do they store in the suburbs? Indoor?. Thanks in advance!

Old 10-21-2016, 09:27 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

2013 20' Flying Cloud
naperville , Illinois
chitownb,

I'm in the same boat. Anyways, to get to a better price I did a fair amount of searching for a reasonable price so I found this place OGLESBY STORAGE. I plan on dropping "Spud" off this Sunday. I'll let you know how it is. Based on pics it looks good. Location is out by Starved Rock State Park. I'll post back on Sunday once he is in hibernation.

http://www.oglesbystorage.com/home.html
indoor pricing
ie Example - 20 ft. boat on trailer with total length including trailer of 24 ft.* Cost is $240 for the season.

Bob

Old 10-30-2016, 02:33 PM   #3

2017 30' International
Chicago , Illinois
Hello Bob,

I'm sorry, I just saw your response to this question today. How did it go? I take Delivery around Thanksgiving and as of now I have booked a place here in downtown with outdoor storage...gated. I still worry about security with it being downtown and all. Are you keeping yours over by starved lake or will you have a different summer home for it? Maybe a few of us here in Downtown should go in on renting a larger heated warehouse and split the rent...Just a thought. I've heard of multiple people renting airplane hangers and so forth as well.
Old 11-01-2016, 05:44 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2013 20' Flying Cloud
naperville , Illinois
I actually live in naperville and had access to a heated hanger but felt a little uncomfortable. ..so my choice next was as indicated above. ..I do plan on securing my own space at some point ..thus buying land and building a unit large enough for my unit plus others . I don't like to rent but no choice this time.
Old 11-01-2016, 05:45 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2013 20' Flying Cloud
naperville , Illinois
Where I drop buy Airstream off looks pretty good all indoors and secure
Old 11-01-2016, 05:46 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2013 20' Flying Cloud
naperville , Illinois
and at $10 a foot could not beat that