Old 05-18-2007, 10:15 AM   #1
Rivet Master
1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Eeekkkk! Need help!

Life is throwing lemons - so I am working on the lemonade...!

Job is moving us to N. VA...... and as such, my SilverToy is going to be leaving her spot on the driveway for other environs....

Now the questions is "To where?"

I have called the local regional park authorities to see about possible storage spaces ( hundreds of names on the waiting list).... so no go there. I remember that someone mentioned a local small airport as a possible choice but have no info - anyone? Other ideas? I am not military so that option is off the table.

BTW - SilverToy is a terrific 34' AirStream. Help me find a terrific spot for her!

SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:19 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Are you buying or renting? If buying, I think you might have more flexibility in finding an area that will allow your silver toy to sit in the driveway.

WBCCI Region One

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:33 AM   #3
Site Team
1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Sorry to hear that you will be going east. Are you going to be around for the balloon rally in October? Jan is going to miss her new friend Max!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	max.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	37545  

WBCCI President 2016-2017
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:37 AM   #4
AIR #8691
2006 25' Safari SS SE
Northern , Virginia
I see you’re a WBCCI member with the new Four Corners Unit.
If you have the ’07 Membership Directory, you will find the names and Emails for the officers of the two local units; Northern Virginia Unit 110, and the Washington DC Unit 170.
If you do not have a copy call the WBCCI HQ for their telephone numbers, Emails and websites.
Try networking with the local units to get their suggestions and options.
Attend one of their rallies, which are listed in the Blue Beret and their websites.
Good Luck.
JStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:03 PM   #5

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia

If you need a place to park while you work out a permanent solution, we've got space here. We are in the country and have never had a problem with theft, vandalism or anything. We don't have covered space, however.

The only problem is that we're 80 miles or so from NVA - we're east of Richmond.

Good luck. Pat
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:35 PM   #6
Rivet Master
1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Thanks for the ideas!

Thanks so much for the ideas.... life gets a 'little' chaotic when you are packing to move and then realize that you have 50 other things to also sort out....

AZ - Yes, sorry to say that the Oct BFR will find me in N.Va. I am VERY dissapointed that we won't be there for it. I have been 2 other times but in the AS it would be EXTRA special.... Maybe when we plan that 1st swing thru the US when retirement comes around...!

Pat - I'll PM - what a terrifically nice offer.

Keep the ideas coming!

BTW - has anybody used the Airport idea (other than that poster) - is an Airplane part of the deal ie need a plane at the same place?? Wondering...
SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:10 PM   #7
Rivet Master
2004 30' Classic Slideout
College Town USA , Virginia
Sorry you have to leave peaceful New Mexico for the rat race in the northern portion of our Commonwealth. A friend in Richmond is planning on Over-Wintering his trailer in one of the exhibit buildings at the local fairground. You might find a similar situation that would allow for at least a seasonal solution. Hail isn't really much of a consideration in this region as it is on the high plains or out west. A small airport can offer the perfect solution as you mentioned but that will most likely take some looking once you arrive on site which may not help at this point. If you're relocating to the DC area, contact someone in area who is in the WDCU of WBCCI and inquire of them. Major metro areas are most likely the ones with RV storage lots with a waiting list while others like Roanoke have RV storage lots that rent spots for $65/month and up. It will most likely come down to how much you want to spend and how far you want to drive to retrieve your trailer. Good luck with your move and once you arrive, come see us in the mountains of western Virginia.
In dog years, I'm dead!
ZoominC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:59 PM   #8
Well Preserved

1974 31' Sovereign
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Originally Posted by SilverToy

BTW - has anybody used the Airport idea (other than that poster) - is an Airplane part of the deal ie need a plane at the same place?? Wondering...
I have rented hangars as workshops before, actually having a plane in the hangar was never an issue.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote