Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Winterizing, Storage, Carports & Covers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-05-2008, 08:06 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Thumbs up Ya know..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cericks1 View Post
Okay, so this is going to sound silly, but I seem to have manuals that covers every single item in the airstream but not one that covers the airstream itself. Can someone quicly describe what the airstream manual looks like. I think I'll take your all's advice and just get it professionally done this year and learn everything next year and be glad that I bought the airstream this year, probably a record that we have only had three below freezing nights through nov 4th! afterall the dealer is ony 7 miles from my house...
1cericks1,
After reading all of the comments posted here (All with EXCELLENT ADVISE!!), I see you posted that, you're only 7 miles from the dealer..You are so right~!! by doing yourself a huge favor. I agree, take your A/S back to them and, ask to watch them do it. Just be sure to have them do it the way you planned to do it later, yourself, in the future. If you plan to either blow the lines out and/or, pump RV antifreeze in the lines. Everyone has their own preferences. I personally don't like the taste of RV pink antifreeze in my water, so I always blow my lines clear and, add RV pink to the traps..period, I am always finished in 30/45 minutes..(Sometimes,..a little longer by myself)
BTW, my first year, I ran the heater 24/7 to keep the inside warm..WIFE WAS..Added 100$ extra monthly to the light bill..
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:14 AM   #22
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up Need room..

We are keeping the "Banana" up thru Thanksgiving. Expect Family and we need the room. Furnace set at 45 degrees. All tanks drained. Simply a spare room. You know who will be the first to volunteer? Smell that Turkey now
Old 11-05-2008, 09:51 AM   #23
Halimer

2006 25' Classic
New Hyde Park , New York
If you do not like the residual taste of RV Antifreeze, you may want to winterize the water lines with Vodka, the cheapest available. I believe someone mentioned it in the past in the Forum.
halimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:07 AM   #24
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Thanks to Jack's post I understand why the heat pump acts strangely when it gets cold outside. And I am nervous about depending on a sensor, or the thermostat, or both. This morning it was 28˚ and I checked the trailer and it was 40˚. We had the first snow of the season last night and flurries today. Tonight it's supposed to be 15˚. Saturday we leave for Utah for several days.

And the manual—it should have been included in the package of information on everything that comes with the trailer. When we bought ours at Windish I later found they hadn't given me everything. Many things can be found on the internet, but you should tell Windish they owe you a manual. It's good to read from front to back and then again because you won't find everything on this Forum, or won't know what to look for. It's a pretty good overview of the trailer and has some essential information. Some is out of date, some is confusing, but nevertheless you need it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote