Originally Posted by quilter
Any suggestions for the Seattle area? We have to park ours (2012 International Bambi 16') at storage place. It's not covered and there is no electric. We are looking around for a new place, though. We don't want to winterize it for long term yet, maybe not at all. We can still do weekends on the Sound throughout the winter. We don't get the months of freezing temps and snow here. But every now and then it goes below 30 for several days.
You apparently know the risks or you wouldn't ask the question. Several days below thirty with no heat will freeze your plumbing. It is simply a question of do you want to take the risks. You can't run the furnace because the heater fan will run the battery down in a couple days or sooner. As far as I can see your choices are:
Take the gamble it won't be that cold, and if it comes up in the forecast, go winterize it right then.
Winterize it now and totally dry camp the rest of the winter.
Ignore the winter and see if you get lucky.
Winterize it after each time you use it.
Some combination of the above