Old 03-31-2012, 03:56 PM   #15
Rivet Master
Vintage Kin Owner
Rockville , Maryland
How much do you require your batteries? Boondock alot, buy new - always plugged into power, then you need enough to activate the trailer brakes if you disconnect in case of an emergency and that's about it!

John "JFScheck" Scheck
2014 Itasca Solei 34T in Red Maple
Freightliner XCS Chassis with Cummins 6.7 ISB & Allison MH Transmission
**I Love U.S.A.**
JFScheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:02 AM   #16
Rivet Master
2008 23' Safari FB SE
Boulder , Colorado
Thanks, everyOne. Finally decided to just bite the bullet and get new batteries and a trickle charger since they installed electricity at our storage unit. I got a charger that desulfates so hopefully this will be a good setup going forward.

Thanks for all the input!

bonginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:09 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Olympia , Washington
I just recharged my batteries from winter storage (did pull them out of the trailer) and found a LOT of very helpful information at this web site about batteries, chargers, etc. None of my batteries, chargers, testers, etc. came with anywhere near this level of useful information.

Deep Cycle Battery FAQ

Good luck with your batteries. Mine came up to charge, but I do need to find a way to keep them refreshed during the storage seasons.
Pat.Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:16 AM   #18
Rivet Master
1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
good decision. I am sure there is a lot of good information in this thread. But not mentioned is the fact that batteries are heavy, dirty to fool with and haul back and forth to a charger, and that even if you do all that the batteries are near the end of their life and damaged anyway. Awful easy to slide 2 new ones in there to start with.

Bill M. is offline   Reply With Quote