Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2016, 09:57 AM   #1

1973 Argosy 26
Austin , Texas
Austin area space to do repairs in?

I'm looking for a space to do some repairs/Reno of our '73 Argosy. We only need 1500 sq ft. Any advice?

Thanks!!!
MandyAlexand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 12:08 PM   #2

1970 27' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Is San Marcos too far? I did my reno and lived for a few months in my Airstream with some fellow RVers on their property out in the country. Its outdoors, but they would provide the space and electricity... maybe a canopy tent if needed. Not sure on the price tho but shouldn't be too much.
OhYesItsCree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 03:04 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Spring , Texas
How long have you had your trailer and where is it right now? Are you able to keep it on your property or do you have to store? We've been renovating and rebuilding our '79 in its covered storage space. The storage people know we're working on it. We were up front about that and occasionally buy things from their trailer supply shop. (Not RV specific, but they do have some things we've need for the hitch, like new chains.)

Don't underestimate what you can do with cordless tools. Just keep batteries charged and a few extras handy. Unless you have deep pockets and can afford an Air conditioned shop, there is no reason not considering working on your trailer while in storage, if you have to pay for it any way. The downside of this kind of project in Texas is the blooming hot summer. If your space doesn't have electricity, you either do work really early or take summer off. We took a hiatus this summer, but we keep telling ourselves it's going to start cooling off any day now...
Starstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:52 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1995 30' Excella
Lakeway , Texas
Inside or out. I have a lot where I keep mine. No electric other than 3800w gen.
jbs411 is offline   Reply With Quote