Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Winterizing, Storage, Carports & Covers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-13-2007, 07:05 PM   #1
Sierra Papa

2007 25' International CCD
Preston , Idaho
AS - Storage/ live in protection

We are from Idaho and toying with the idea of buying winter property in a slightly warmer area, like Northern AZ or Southern Ut. See if this idea makes any sense to your experts: Buy a an appropriate piece of bare property that has water and power available. Water could be from a well or city source, we could use city sewer or go the septic tank route. We would build a storage / bunk house with a 3 sided carport attached. We would use the 25 ft AS as the primary living quarters, but storage of the tow vehicle and guests would be in the storage / bunkhouse area.

When we are ready to build a home on this property we would have a nice storage for the AS, a bunk house, and some landcaping done. We would have tied up a piece of property without having to invest in an entire home, but could enjoy the property during the 6 weeks I have off each winter. We live on 7 acres in Idaho that was just such a bare piece of farm ground and although it is much work and expense, with 100 trees (20 old trees were on the property) it is now beautiful.

If this idea makes any sense, do any of you have pictures of such a structure, or building plans?

I have found several nice pieces of property, so I am excited about the idea. My wife wishes I would move all the way to the warm country, but I need to feel the chill in the air. However the -20 here in our Valley along with fogged in days are sending me in search of a an area where the lows are +20.
Sierrapapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:16 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
It makes sense to me. There is at least one other member here who has done something similar and has posted photos. I'm jealous.
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:17 PM   #3
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Hi Papa! Planning is the best part

This has been discussed before here...but it didn't get too far. Just 2 things came from that discussion.

Small building plans

RV Chalet

Two more related threads: shelters-sheds

and airstream-haven

Best wishes,

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote