Old 10-19-2016, 09:55 AM   #1
2016 25' Flying Cloud
chattanooga , Tennessee

I am a newbie owner of a 25 2016 Flying Cloud and am curious about what I should do this winter. I am in southern TN so the lowest temp might get in the 20's for a short period but normally mild. I plan to keep the electric heat pump or furnace running this winter. My question is, if I drain all the water that I can, put about 20 gallons of RV anti freeze in the fresh tank, run all faucets and toilet until I see pink anti freeze, plus dump about 5 gallons of anti freeze in black tank, would I be protected? thanks

micmooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:30 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Hi there. Your approach is one way to do it but you're talking about 10 times the amount of antifreeze you'd actually need and while it doesn't hurt to put it in your FW tank, it's an annoying start to the next season with foamy water that is harmless but tastes and feels weird until it's all flushed out.

There's a procedure on your manual that should help, there's one in the Guide for Newbies that should have come with your trailer and a bunch of threads in these forums that will help you figure it out.

If you haven't yet, get the Camco winterization kit. It has a valve fitting you put on your water pump that allows you to attach a hose to jugs of antifreeze. Your pump pulls the antifreeze in from those jugs, fills the water lines and pushes out any water that could freeze. Make sure your water heater bypass is in the right position (ask me how I know &#128533.

Good luck!

SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:51 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member
2007 30' Classic
Ayr , Ontario
There was just a thread on the subject a couple days ago.
gator.bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 11:19 AM   #4
Rivet Master
2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
I agree with SteveSueMac, don't put antifreeze into your FW tank if you can help it. If you do, keep it to a minimum so flushing it out won't be as challenging. I accidentally got some into my hot water tank on my SOB trailer and man, did that cause trouble.

The idea of the bypass valve is a good one but, in my 25FB the pump is located in a very tight spot making it almost impossible for me to do the installation. I use my air compressor to blow the lines. Works for me and is relatively easy.
aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote