Old 03-26-2008, 11:09 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorgunner
Bill-- move? if more then 6" out of level? Not up to the challenge? Don't have a big a$$ bandsaw to make blocks like mine?
I thought you were the engineering type! The challenging pic I added the tongue was waist high and I pulled up the picinic table to use as a porch!!
At this rally my rig was known as "The Big House at the Top of the Hill".
Geez I really like Forum Rallies!
This picture doesn't emphasize the 'engineering' that was undertaken but I 'lifted' this from fyrzout's pictures from that rally.
Neil
Attached Images

FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:48 AM   #30
1 Rivet Short

1989 25' Excella
By The Bay , Rhode Island
Yeah, but this is a different phenomena…front/back (accomplished with the tongue jack) vs. side/side (accomplished with blocks, legos, etc) leveling. At least from what I can see in the pic…

Old 03-26-2008, 12:32 PM   #31
3 Rivet Member

2006 34' Classic S/O
Lakewood , New Jersey
My 1988 Limited does not have a jack on the tongue, but there are built in jacks that are used to lift the trailer off the ball on my TV. Andy from Inland Rv says that you should never use the bal jacks to level the trailer, but the jacks I have are built into the frame of the trailer. Are these different to what he is referring to?

Regards,

Reganzo
Old 03-26-2008, 12:37 PM   #32
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reganzo
My 1988 Limited does not have a jack on the tongue, but there are built in jacks that are used to lift the trailer off the ball on my TV. Andy from Inland Rv says that you should never use the bal jacks to level the trailer, but the jacks I have are built into the frame of the trailer. Are these different to what he is referring to?

Regards,

Reganzo
If what you have is one on each side of the trailer, mounted underneath about 3-4 feet back from the front of the trailer itself, those are stabilisers only.
You need a jack that is mounted directly to the tongue, between the ball coupler and LP tanks. On a trailer like yours, it should be powered.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:52 AM   #33
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Oh?

Terry, don't some of the Excella/Classic Limiteds have two power jacks on the frame in front instead of the tongue jack?

Paula
Old 03-27-2008, 02:31 PM   #34
3 Rivet Member

2006 34' Classic S/O
Lakewood , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reganzo

Regards,

Reganzo
I looked at the owners manual that came with my trailer. In it it says that you can use the power jacks to level the trailer, however if the ball in the spirit level is more than the width of the ball off center do not attempt to level using the power jacks as it could buckle the roof or sides and it would not be covered by warrenty. The jacks are mounted directly into the a-frame under the front of the trailer with the control in the storage box directly under the front window. I plan on getting some 2x6's and some leveling blocks to be prepared for everything.

Regards,

Reganzo
Old 06-25-2012, 08:49 AM   #35
4 Rivet Member

2007 31' Classic
Kansas City , Missouri
Just wanted to bump this old but excellent thread. I think the Lynx Stop 'N Chocks are essential: Lynx Levelers. I think the Level Master is essentially worthless. An inexpensive torpedo level or an iPhone leveling utility works better for me. I'm going to calibrate my Level Master this week and give it another try but to date it hasn't given me a good indication of level, especially front-to-back.