Old 04-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #43
3 Rivet Member
2006 34' Classic S/O
Lakewood , New Jersey
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post
I've decided to an electric impact driver is better than a drill for the stabilizers. I'm looking for a combo kit, preferably lithium but only if its not overly costly. The impact driver is a lot easier to use for the stabilizers as it won't twist in your hand when the pad contacts the ground.

I got myself an 18V impact driver at Pep Boys and it was only 80 bucks. I have used it for both the trailer and my TV.

Reganzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #44
Rivet Master

2014 30' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
I purchased the $19 special rechargeable 3/8" drill at Harbor Freight. It works fine on the screw jacks for the stabilizer feet and will take the slack out of the Hensley adjusters. Then I tired to drill a small hole.

The chuck sounded like broken glass when turning it to tighten on the drill bit. I could not tighten the chuck enough to back out the bit. I went to the hardware store and acquired and installed a Jacob chuck that cost more than the entire drill with battery. Now it works just fine for both jobs.

I also purchased a 3/8" speed wrench at Harbor Freight and found a 3/4" swivel socket for a 3/8" drive. I now have a speed wrench that is about 10" shorter than the one that came with the Airstream. That is important where we store the trailer as sometimes there is barely 20" between units.

WBCCI Life Member 5123, AIR 70341, 4CU, WD9EMC

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote