Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2018, 06:46 AM   #1
rbs
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
Decatur , Illinois
replacing motor on power stabilizer

Anyone have to replace one yet? Our rear stabilizer motor quit working, checked the switch and it is ok, called the factory and they are telling me it is most likely the motor. Research shows this isn't uncommon with this motor, poor moisture protection. Also, the factory says to remove power from the motor before manual operation of the stabilizer, could energize and back feed. I'm not worried about replacing motor, and think I've found a much cheaper source for the motor. I'd like to splice the wiring opposed to fishing the wiring harness up to the switch. Is that the way the motor is installed at the factory, or someone with any experience offer advice?
thanks
rbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Rules