Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-29-2018, 03:29 PM   #15
Rivet Master
 
SteveSueMac's Avatar

 
2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6,815
Is this it? https://assets.rigidhitch.com/hitch_...powerjacks.pdf

I googled Atwood 3000 power jack user manual and got that link
__________________

SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 03:33 PM   #16
Rivet Master
 
Wayne&Sam's Avatar
 
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,513
Images: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
I think my switches failed. Toward the end of last season, I had intermittent failures and successes raising and lowering the jack.
Same here this season. I had to crank it a couple of times, then later it worked. I plan on ordering the switch and replacing it before next season. I'm just too busy skiing right now.....
__________________

__________________
2014 25' Flying Cloud Rear Twin
2012 Dodge Durango Hemi/AWD
Wayne&Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 03:36 PM   #17
Rivet Master
 
Wayne&Sam's Avatar
 
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,513
Images: 21
BTW, My jack is a Barker.
__________________
2014 25' Flying Cloud Rear Twin
2012 Dodge Durango Hemi/AWD
Wayne&Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 05:28 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member
 
Cispook's Avatar

 
2017 27' Flying Cloud
Chillicothe , Ohio
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Is this it? https://assets.rigidhitch.com/hitch_...powerjacks.pdf

I googled Atwood 3000 power jack user manual and got that link


Thanks. Much appreciated.
Cispook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 05:38 PM   #19
Rivet Master

 
2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 6,758
Power jack

Yes, the wires have individual connectors, so a good picture and diagram is essential to success.

The switch contacts are small, and quickly switching direction on the jack tends to arc the contacts and make them go bad. Itís best to wait a second or two for the motor to stop if changing directions. Makes the switch last a bit longer.

I plan to rip out the switch and substitute a set of sturdy relays controlled by a switch. The relays have much better contacts and higher current rating. Best part is they plug into a socket. If I get real silly Iíll add a wireless remote control to the mix. Yep, still the Overkill Engineering department around here.
__________________
Rich, KE4GNK/AE, Overkill Engineering Dept.
'The Silver HamShack' ('07 International 22FB CCD 75th Anniversary)
Multiple Yaesu Ham Radios inside and many antennae sprouting from roof, ProPride hitch, Prodigy P2 controller.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 07:31 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member
 
Cispook's Avatar

 
2017 27' Flying Cloud
Chillicothe , Ohio
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkrum View Post
Yes, the wires have individual connectors, so a good picture and diagram is essential to success.

The switch contacts are small, and quickly switching direction on the jack tends to arc the contacts and make them go bad. Itís best to wait a second or two for the motor to stop if changing directions. Makes the switch last a bit longer.

I plan to rip out the switch and substitute a set of sturdy relays controlled by a switch. The relays have much better contacts and higher current rating. Best part is they plug into a socket. If I get real silly Iíll add a wireless remote control to the mix. Yep, still the Overkill Engineering department around here.


🤣
Cispook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 06:26 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member
 
Cispook's Avatar

 
2017 27' Flying Cloud
Chillicothe , Ohio
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 364
I ran the jack up and down a few turns using the manual socket and attaching a set of vice grips. I thought about using my cordless drill ... concerned that it may torque and break something internal or the supplied socket.
Weíre on the road so no repairs for at least a week.
Anyone replace the switch in past? Do you have to remove the motor?
Cispook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 08:23 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member
 
1955 30' Liner Commodore Vanderbilt
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Linden , Michigan
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 258
Dump the Atwood and replace with the Super Power Jack by Barker (H&H Engineering). Airstream used these for years and then substituted them with the cheaper Atwood version. Mine is at least 25-30 years old and still clicking. I took it back to their manufacturing site once to get it tuned & lubed up because it would not work and the issue was that the powerhead had to be re-timed because of the limit switches.

Regards,
StevieB

WBCCI #1095
StevieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 09:30 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member
 
Cispook's Avatar

 
2017 27' Flying Cloud
Chillicothe , Ohio
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieB View Post
Dump the Atwood and replace with the Super Power Jack by Barker (H&H Engineering). Airstream used these for years and then substituted them with the cheaper Atwood version. Mine is at least 25-30 years old and still clicking. I took it back to their manufacturing site once to get it tuned & lubed up because it would not work and the issue was that the powerhead had to be re-timed because of the limit switches.



Regards,

StevieB



WBCCI #1095


Looking at replacing once we return from the Winter sojourn
Cispook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 10:46 AM   #24
Slide Out Society #001
 
GCinSC2's Avatar
 
2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,867
If looking for a replacement, take a look at the Husky.
__________________
S/OS #001
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Carslile Actuator, Equal-i-zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook.
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:28 AM   #25
Airstream Ambassador
 
AirstreamInc's Avatar
 
Jackson Center , Ohio
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 482
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cispook View Post
Light works. No power movement. Leave light on and push power switch and blows fuse. Checked all wires. Battery back is good. Sprayed electric cleaner. No change. Any help appreciated.
Hi Cispook,*

Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team.

Thank you.*
__________________
Official account for Airstream, Inc.
Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support can be reached at 1 (877) 596-6111, option 1.
AirstreamInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 03:19 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member
 
Cispook's Avatar

 
2017 27' Flying Cloud
Chillicothe , Ohio
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirstreamInc View Post
Hi Cispook,*



Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team.



Thank you.*


Thanks but Iím not under warranty
__________________

Cispook is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Power Jack needs shore power? cp1977 Jacks, Stabilizers, Lifting and Leveling 10 06-28-2018 06:36 PM
Power jack getting power. OffTheCouch Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar 11 01-01-2016 11:39 AM
To Jack or not to jack? Zstream Jacks, Stabilizers, Lifting and Leveling 7 12-17-2009 11:09 AM
Manual Jack Broken - Best Elec. Jack? montanaandy Jacks, Stabilizers, Lifting and Leveling 9 07-10-2003 06:33 AM
Jack Plates Jack Plates Inland RV Center, In Our Community 4 03-19-2003 03:34 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.