Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2018, 06:26 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Chillicothe , Ohio
I ran the jack up and down a few turns using the manual socket and attaching a set of vice grips. I thought about using my cordless drill ... concerned that it may torque and break something internal or the supplied socket.
We’re on the road so no repairs for at least a week.
Anyone replace the switch in past? Do you have to remove the motor?
Cispook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 08:23 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
1954 15' Byam Holiday
Vintage Kin Owner
Linden , Michigan
Dump the Atwood and replace with the Super Power Jack by Barker (H&H Engineering). Airstream used these for years and then substituted them with the cheaper Atwood version. Mine is at least 25-30 years old and still clicking. I took it back to their manufacturing site once to get it tuned & lubed up because it would not work and the issue was that the powerhead had to be re-timed because of the limit switches.

Regards,
StevieB

WBCCI #1095
StevieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 09:30 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Chillicothe , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieB View Post
Dump the Atwood and replace with the Super Power Jack by Barker (H&H Engineering). Airstream used these for years and then substituted them with the cheaper Atwood version. Mine is at least 25-30 years old and still clicking. I took it back to their manufacturing site once to get it tuned & lubed up because it would not work and the issue was that the powerhead had to be re-timed because of the limit switches.

Regards,

StevieB

WBCCI #1095

Looking at replacing once we return from the Winter sojourn
Old 12-30-2018, 10:46 AM   #24
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
If looking for a replacement, take a look at the Husky.
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:28 AM   #25
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cispook View Post
Light works. No power movement. Leave light on and push power switch and blows fuse. Checked all wires. Battery back is good. Sprayed electric cleaner. No change. Any help appreciated.
Hi Cispook,*

Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team.

Thank you.*
Old 12-31-2018, 03:19 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Chillicothe , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirstreamInc View Post
Hi Cispook,*

Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team.

Thank you.*

Thanks but I’m not under warranty