Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2008, 10:44 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1966 17' Caravel
Dallas , Texas
New Jack Stand for '66 Caravel

Hey guys,

I need recommendations for replacing my old jack stand - which I have never met since it was missing when I bought my trailer . I have seen the one on the Vintage Trailer site - but I would like some feedback on best types etc.
Also, if anyone has a strong feeling on which is the best hydraulic jack to purchase as well - for changing flats. thanks!
pcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:36 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Jack

Hello again,
If you have room, really not much needed, I recommend the small aluminum floor jack. Northern in Lewisville had them on sale. Thats for jacking up the trailer. If you are talking about the front jack....its a common item at any trailer supply....unless someone welded the old one on, its only three bolts to replace. If your talking about the "levelers" look on Ebay for a couple old aluminum pyramid types.
Melody Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:16 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1966 17' Caravel
Dallas , Texas
Jack stand

Hey Robin,

Thanks for the reply. I actually took your old rims to Goodyear today to get new trailer tires - seems that the tires that I have are not correct. The project begins - and by the way, Randy was very helpful at North Texas RV.
As for the jack stand - it was missing when I bought the trailer - but the pre-drilled mounting holes seem to be fine - I just want to get a jack stand that is both quality and long lasting - not trying to buy cheap - I'd like for it to last a long time. I'm going down (in my car sans trailer) for the lunch and vintage tour on Saturday - will y'all be there? I'm hoping to get more ideas there. thanks, paula
pcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:21 PM   #4

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Hi Paula,

If you need a leveler there is a neat product made by BAL called the single axel leveler, and it's a little chock that you slide under the tire on teh low side and crank it up, and it lifts the tire until you're as level as you want it. We have one for our Caravel and we LOVE it!

As for the jack stand, do you mean the foot for the jack on the tounge? I like the looks of the one on vintage trailer's site. I was thinking of picking one up myself. It looks nice and tall. It would save you some cranking!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:02 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
I am in the process of installing a Christmas present from 'Mrs. Claus'. It is an Ultra 3002 Tongue Jack.. It appears to be a no-brainer to install.
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caravel