Old 10-24-2014, 06:25 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
2007 25' Safari SS SE
Marion , Iowa
Question lifting an Airstream

After reading everything there is to read on this forum, I still have a question regarding the proper technique to jack up my 2007 25' Safari SE SS. I have been using a floor jack just forward of the front axle against the axle mounting plate to raise the tires off the ground, then supporting the mounting plate between the two axles as well as the factory-indicated jack point with two jack stands. I leave the floor jack in place after lowering the trailer onto the jack stands. Including the tongue jack, that gives me four points of support along one side. The problem is that the axle mounting plate is bending at its two points of support. The axle mounting plate is not a box channel so I am not surprised. It is shaped more like a "Z". Any ideas on this one? It's time to repack the bearings and I'm starting to get paranoid.

bangzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:05 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
There are many threads on this topic. Since you have a tandem axle coach. Simply roll either the front or rear tires up on a ramp that is level and high enough to raise the tires on the opposite axle off the ground. When the maintenance is completed on that axle. Roll it up on the ramps and work on the other axle.
Much safer than using jacks and stands.

Sent from my iPod touch using Airstream Forums

Knowledge: "A gift to be shared. A treasure to receive."
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:17 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member
2007 25' Safari SS SE
Marion , Iowa
Actually, I have one of those "Trailer Aids" that allows me to do that. I just figured that at 10k miles I should rotate the tires as well. Maybe I should just forget the tire rotation.
bangzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:49 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Round Rock , Texas
Hey, strange that the plate which supports your trailer is deforming....
Peace and Blessings..
WBCCI# 30676
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote