Old 04-08-2016, 08:17 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
1978 31' Sovereign
Akron , Indiana
I know this is an old thread but...

I need help. I purchased a 72 safari that came with 3 stabilizers. All of them were removed and inside the camper when I got it.

One set was mounted to a long metal piece. And the other is just by itself. No long metal channel.

My question
Do I need he long meta channel along with a another jack or can I just buy another jack?
Thanks

Old 04-08-2016, 08:32 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Three external walk arounds before movement is my procedure. Some may feel this is overkill. But it has been sometime since I have had a mishap when pulling away.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:40 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
1999 34' Excella
Davidson County, NC , Highlands County, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhitake View Post
I need help. I purchased a 72 safari that came with 3 stabilizers. All of them were removed and inside the camper when I got it.

One set was mounted to a long metal piece. And the other is just by itself. No long metal channel.

My question
Do I need he long meta channel along with a another jack or can I just buy another jack?
Thanks
That channel is not used on Airstreams as they come from the factory. Though, you can use the channel or you can mount the individual stabilizers to the frame of the trailer. The reason for the channel is for trailers that do not have attachment points like the cross members in the Airstream frame or the cross member is not at the correct location.