Old 01-17-2019, 10:14 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsushi View Post
It is sometimes difficult to remove the foot even when there is enough clearance. I have to tap the base to get it loosen.
I understand, it is wedged into the bottom of the post. Examine the foot lands. You'll see what I am talking about.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:36 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2013 20' Flying Cloud
Westerly , Rhode Island
Maybe I'm missing something, but why are you taking it off in the first place? My jack is a Barker and the foot retracts above the bottom of the A-frame, so hitting it on something is not a concern. Is yours different?

smithcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 11:58 AM   #17
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawus"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , Milky Way
The rare occasion when I need clearance or when using the under jack flagpole I raise the tongue with the...

Bob
🇺🇸
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05180.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	333.5 KB
ID:	331924  

"The hardest thing about Airstreaming, clearing your head and accepting how others feel itís supposed to be done"Ö..
Amanamus

"Tahawus"
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 12:02 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithcreek View Post
Maybe I'm missing something, but why are you taking it off in the first place? My jack is a Barker and the foot retracts above the bottom of the A-frame, so hitting it on something is not a concern. Is yours different?
I'll answer, if you don't mind. There are two different styles of Barker feet/posts. OP and I have the earlier style. No pin and if you were to fashion an attachment, (there is none) it would definitely be a ground clearance problem. Also, I have a Hensley hitch and an attached foot would interfere with the swing of the spring bars with a tight backing maneuver. This foot is also, I believe taller than the attached style.
Edit: I'm not sure if it is an earlier vs later style, but there are definitely two styles.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote