Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
New Member
2009 16' DWR
Yelm , Washington
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
I don't know nothin'

Last winter we bought our first ever AS, first RV for that matter. I figured that if I had the best, I would HAVE to take time off and use it. It's used, 1 year old, and I read all of the books that came with it. But nowhere in there did it explain the stabilization jacks. I didn't even know they were there until I was crawling under there looking at the spare tire. Should there be a specific tool to operate them? Ok, here is question # 1, How do I operate them? Also while under there, I saw 4 valves, 2 in front and 2 in back. Brite brass valves with black levers to operate them. What are these for?

Baldhillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:01 PM   #2
Rivet Master
wheel interested's Avatar
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,039
These come close to what we have on the Airstreams. See the tool on the ground? That handle is the tool you need to crank the jacks down. But some people use an electric drill to turn the stabilzers down rather than hand crank. Crank only until they touch the ground and give another 1/4 turn. They are not for leveling but only stabilizing from excess movement. Using blocks or lynx leveler should raise the low side of your trailer under the wheels. Those spiggots are low water points to help drain pipes completely when winterizing, I think.



wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:08 PM   #3
pmclemore's Avatar

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,552
Welcome to the forums, baldhillman! I agree with wheel interested. Pat
Somebody, please, point me to the road.

AIR 3987
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:16 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Wingeezer's Avatar
2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,731
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
They are not for leveling but only stabilizing from excess movement.
Agree 100% & find it a bit misleading that the video calls them "levelling jacks!" (the title only, not the audio with the video). Just an oversight I suppose.

Brian & Connie Mitchell

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:42 PM   #5
DKB_SATX's Avatar

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,573
Images: 1
Blog Entries: 7
I'd guess the brass valves you describe are the various propane shutoffs for your appliances. 1 each for refrigerator, water heater and furnace, and then probably a master shutoff nearest the tanks to shut off the whole system.

Zero Gravitas 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is online now   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.