Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2018, 07:11 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Jenks , Oklahoma
Good jack for 2019 Sport 22fb?

Any suggestions for a good jack to use on our 2019 Sport 22fb?
cabdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 10:24 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
I'm a fan of the Husky Super Brute.
Looks good, works great, not overly expensive for the power. (shop around and save $100)
I have the 5000, and at first I thought it was overkill, but I'm spoiled with the remote, makes leveling much easier.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:40 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Blue Sky Ranch , Texas
I have tested my TV jack on our AS. I have tested the TV lug wrench as well. Both work perfect. BUT you must test it before you have a roadside flat and know it will work correctly.

A TV that is a pickup, an extra jack of any flavor would be easily transported. With a loaded SUV, extra stuff is a problem. So test your TV jack/wrench and move forward from there.
Msherw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 02:00 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabdaddy View Post
Any suggestions for a good jack to use on our 2019 Sport 22fb?
Are you asking about a jack to change tires on the trailer with, or a tongue jack used to raise and lower the front of the trailer for hitching and/or leveling?

If you are talking changing tires, a good lightweight floor jack as used for cars, or a hydraulic bottle jack can be used. Anytime you have a heavy vehicle in the air and need to work under it, jackstands are mandatory for safety. Any hydraulic or mechanical jack can fail, and that's not a good way to be trapped under something you can't lift all by yourself...

My preference is a combination bottle jack and jackstand like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Alltrade-6409...mbination&th=1

One of these can easily lift one side of an Airstream. I own two for heavy work on my 22foot dual axle 2007 International CCD that weighs around 6,000 pounds...my jackstands are rated for 6000 pounds EACH. There are lesser options on that link. Choose wisely.

Yes, a 6000 pound capacity PER JACK is massive overkill, mainly because I don't like taking chances on being hurt by a falling trailer.

On the road, I carry just one for tire-changing if I can't find a safe place to use my ramps to change out a single tire or if I blow out two tires on one side--which can happen with some road debris. This is a self-locking jackstand with a bottle-jack built in. Easy to operate, and has a solid, flat steel baseplate so it won't sink into the ground easily.

Be sure you jack your trailer from the MARKED jacking points on the Airstream frame to avoid damaging the frame, bellypan, etc. NEVER jack under the axle tube--it will bend and screw up your wheel alignment at minimum, destroy the axle at worst...research a bit to learn how to do it safely BEFORE you need to change out a flat, etc.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote

« New Feet | Top | Power jack »