Old 07-03-2009, 04:56 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member
2008 28' Safari SE
winter garden , Florida
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
Bob, doesn't sound normal. Maybe the motor won't stop if the gear is not engaged. My instructions said to back off the jack one turn (or maybe half a turn—I did this about a week plus ago). When pushed the head back down the shaft, getting it the last 1/4" requires lining up the two parts properly and pushing it down hard once you do. Then I had to tighten those allen screws quite a bit, and the head still wanted to twist, so I tightened them some more though I was worried about stripping the screws.

I'm assuming you have the same jack since we have very similar trailers and from the same year. Mine is a Super Jack by H&H Engineering. Some jacks came with a leveling bubble on the top of head and others didn't that year, but I think they were otherwise the same.

mine does not have allen screws but philips head and the instructions tell me to fully retract than back off three turns, than ground the motor and push switch to retract until it stops, the problem is it does not stop. Just went over and replaced the fuse again and ran it up and down a few times and it seems to work, I will just watch the jack so I don't over extend or retract it. Thanks Gene

bob34787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:08 PM   #16
AIR #8691
2006 25' Safari SS SE
Northern , Virginia
Did you ever hand crank the jack when the battery was disconnected?
If so, the shaft might no longer be in sync with the limit switches. That would cause the shaft to jam in the tube so tight that is can't be adjusted up/down any more, and the non-metal gears may be stripped. I had that problem and called H&H Engineering. They fixed it under warranty. If possible check your Jack's service manual or look it up on-line.
Very important that the "timing" or "Sync" is maintained between the shaft and limit switches. And the instructions don't stress this fact enough.
Good Luck & Let us know the cause and the solution.

JStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:06 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member
2008 27' International CCD FB
Minnetonka , Minnesota
well floor jacked it up to get it hitched. Unbolted jack and took it to dealer. They reinstalled it and hooked it up to new power and worked fine. Said there was a little water in there, perhaps laying sideways for a while dried it out. oh well, done and done. until the next time. Im thinking of covering the head when its not being used to ket the rain out.
Randjg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:19 AM   #18
Rivet Master
1975 29' Ambassador
Reno , Nevada
On those heads with auto stop the most common technique is a turns counter. Some jacks do not have this feature. On those that do, the motor stops when the counter is at zero and also at some number that represents the other end of the jack travel.

So an auto stop jack motor that doesn't stop has a problem with its turns counter.

bryanl is offline   Reply With Quote