Old 07-23-2016, 04:02 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
This one is made of plastic, similar to what you are referencing? I had one, it split and fell apart with the weight of the trailer on it. Thankfully no damage was done.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-44635-T...gue+jack+stand

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 04:11 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Found your reference , post #25
Any idea where to buy these?

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f457...-127777-2.html

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 04:41 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Eugene (Tracktown USA) , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchie View Post
Newbie here to towing and need some advice. I just bought a 2014 19 FC about 8 weeks ago. We have been on the road since and was just at the factory for a minor repair and plant tour. We hitched up as normal and about 40 mi. Away my wife heard a small thud or bump. Initial inspection nothing. Upon arrival at our CG I started to lower the Jack and discovered the footpad of the Jack was missing. I thought it was welded on.
Can this be replaced? If it is replaceable can it be welded on or pinned somehow to the shaft so not to be lost again? Where do you get a replacement? Help please.

Munchie, I had the same problem. On our maiden voyage ours dropped off on Hwy 101 at Camp Roberts. I heard it but just thought I had hit something....but the undercarriage looked fine.

If you have a Barker...see attached image of new jack head, mine is new as replaced by Barker. If you have a Barker, there is a bolt on the bottom that takes a 3/4" socket. IIt never occurred to me that I needed to check it or even that it was there. That bolt is now part of my torque procedure each hitch up. I would NOT replace it with anything else.

I originally opted to go with an after market plate and a pin as I didn't want to wait for a new one from JC, but IMO, the higher collar gets in the way of the way it is synchronized and controls the auto shutoff. I just didn't realize this at first. Being used to and expecting the auto shutoff to work, I jamming the post twice....crank useless. After talking to Barker who first suggest it be re-synchronized, they finally shipped a new head and tossed in a new shoe. The dealer installed and I presume re-synchronized it...all under warranty. I'm stopping short just in case.

Since ours is still under warranty (2014 bought new in 2015) I opted get back to OEM although the dealer did offer the swing arm option listed above.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8664 (Small).JPG
Views:	40
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	267576  
Old 07-23-2016, 07:48 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2014 19' Flying Cloud
Livingston , Texas
Thanks everyone. I get the picture and I'm not going to fret over it.