Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #21
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
Mine have the mushroom feet on them. I still use the plywood. Just want to keep them out of the dirt.

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:56 PM   #22
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarlyse View Post
Mine have the mushroom feet on them. I still use the plywood. Just want to keep them out of the dirt.
My stabilizers have the round feet on them. I put orange plastic pads under them, because it looks cool. That and the fact I tend to forget to pick up stuff when we leave.
Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Metal sand shoes as ground

On of the advantages of using the metal sand shoes is that they ground the trailer. Putting wood planks or plastic under them defeats the function. If you get reverse polarity from the campsite, the trailer skin will become electrically hot and gets you when you reach for the door handle when you are standing on damp grass. Parkers at International will check that your trailer is properly grounded.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #24
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi View Post
On of the advantages of using the metal sand shoes is that they ground the trailer. Putting wood planks or plastic under them defeats the function. If you get reverse polarity from the campsite, the trailer skin will become electrically hot and gets you when you reach for the door handle when you are standing on damp grass. Parkers at International will check that your trailer is properly grounded.
I appreciate that, however my surge protector will not allow reverse polarity to reach the trailer. If it did, my cast aluminum tongue jack stand grounds the trailer.

Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote