Old 01-07-2008, 07:32 AM   #15
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
return it. One came with my trailer. My dealer refused to install it. He was not going to put holes in my trailer. I use a small torpedo level on the counter top.

Michelle TAC MT-0
Sarah, Snowball

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:44 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member
2010 28' Flying Cloud
Escondido , California
Go to an auto paint store and get auto trim tape, holds moulding on, use it and the level will stay perfectly till you want to remove it.

jkcru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:43 AM   #17
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
Echo that above ...... two sided tape. Available at most big box stores. When you want to remove use a hair dryer to heat up the old tape and it will come off.

1966 Mercury Park Lane 4 DR Breezeway 410 4V, C-6, 2.80 - Streamless.
1966 Lincoln 4 door Convertible 462 4V 1971 Ford LTD Convertible 429 4V Phoenix ~ Yeah it's hot however it's a dry heat!
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:28 PM   #18

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
My dealer uses these levels and has one mounted on every Classic trailer he sells. He mounts them under the front window but markedly towards the street side of the trailer. I can see mine from my drivers side mirror. He does this to allow you to see the level without having to get out of your vehicle. It works as long as you have ample daylight.

At the time I bought my Safari new, he wasn't providing these levels. I mounted my own, first leveling the trailer using a level on the A frame, then double checking with a bubble level inside the freezer compartment. I placed masking tape on the body marking the drill holes and drilled through the aluminum with a very small bit. The key was the masking tape and drilling very slowly to keep the bit from traveling across the aluminum prior to it getting a bite into the metal.

Jack Canavera
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:47 PM   #19

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Originally Posted by markdoane
I think its important to not overtighten the mounting screws. They need to be slightly loose so you can adjust the level as necessary, using the Crowhurst levelling method:

How to get the trailer perfectly level
This seems a good day to describe my recommended method of perfectly levelling the trailer from side to side. ...
Originally posted by Nick Crowhurst
I'm not sure if something got lost in translation but the best method is the 180 degree method. Stop in a fairly level parking lot and mark exactly where all of the tires are with chalk (on the concrete). Tweek the side to side bubble/ball indicator until the ball is in the middle. Pull the trailer forward and do a 180 degree turn, parking exactly where you were previously (thus the need for the chalk marks). If the ball is not centered move it 1/2 of the distance to the center. It will now be centered when the trailer is level. Now all you need to do is level the trailer and put a bubble inside the fridge to see if it was mounted level in the trailer...

Hi Ho Silver RV! Vernon, Sarah, Mac the Border Collie -
A honkin' long 34' named AlumaTherapy
and a 26' '63 Overlander, Dolly
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote