Old 08-12-2018, 09:11 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
Anywhere , Alabama
Anderson Level,,,,Back on or pull forward

Our classic has the tank valves behind rear tire. Any advice on whether better to back onto levelers or pull forward onto them.

2016 Ford F-350 Dually
lukeysh714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 09:15 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 23' International
Dadeville , Alabama
Best to just throw them away. The owner of that company company defaces national landmarks and seems to not care about campers and national parks at all.
If you do not throw them away at least paint them a different color and if someone ask you why tell them the story.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f224...np-179854.html

GMFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 09:22 AM   #3
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Port Dover , ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeysh714 View Post
Our classic has the tank valves behind rear tire. Any advice on whether better to back onto levelers or pull forward onto them.
We find it easier to pull onto them, but sometimes depending on the site I back onto them.

“One test is worth a thousand 'expert' opinions”
Sign at Boeing headquarters, posted by test pilot Alvin “Tex” Johnston, c1948
Adventure.AS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 09:36 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
It makes no difference which way you use them. Whatever works best for the camp site.

They are a great product and make leveling your trailer easy. If I were stop using products from every company that had a executive that acted badly, I wouldn't be able to buy virtually anything. Bought any food from a grocery lately? Almost all farmers use some sort of Monsanto product. Is your phone or TV made in China? What are the workers conditions? Shop at Walmart? Etc.

Mike
WBCCI #3960
Caffeinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:36 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' International
Anacortes , Washington
Either way is fine for us. To make leveling even quicker and easier, we bought the LevelMate Pro device which uses a bluetooth device mounted in the trailer to send to my iPad app the state of the level. With that, I just drive onto the levelers watching the app to see it is perfectly level E/W. Then radio back to spotter to "block". Unhook the trailer and operate the tongue jack while watching the app to see the level N/S. Done.

We simply love this combination, laughing at the 'old days' of doing this. Old days being a year ago, with planks and checking levels placed on the floor or counter.
Pat Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:46 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' International
Cumming , Georgia
I don’t buy into the thinking that when someone representing a company makes a mistake you then advocate driving that company out of business. Anderson makes a great product and he employs many people. For those of you advocating everyone stop buying Anderson products you should first sit down and have a conversation with Mr Anderson. Until then you most likely don’t have the full story.
Scott59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 11:16 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Mike in Puget Sound , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott59 View Post
I don’t buy into the thinking that when someone representing a company makes a mistake you then advocate driving that company out of business. Anderson makes a great product and he employs many people. For those of you advocating everyone stop buying Anderson products you should first sit down and have a conversation with Mr Anderson. Until then you most likely don’t have the full story.
Plus one here. The screeds posted on this site and other forums seem to reveal more about their authors than the facts of the event.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:29 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
Anywhere , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Pierce View Post
Either way is fine for us. To make leveling even quicker and easier, we bought the LevelMate Pro device which uses a bluetooth device mounted in the trailer to send to my iPad app the state of the level. With that, I just drive onto the levelers watching the app to see it is perfectly level E/W. Then radio back to spotter to "block". Unhook the trailer and operate the tongue jack while watching the app to see the level N/S. Done.

We simply love this combination, laughing at the 'old days' of doing this. Old days being a year ago, with planks and checking levels placed on the floor or counter.

Guess I’m being paranoid but with tank valves so close to rear tire, if I pull onto them forward, concerned if I overshoot and they come out back it will hit valves.
2016 Ford F-350 Dually
lukeysh714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 12:06 PM   #9
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Guess I’m being paranoid but with tank valves so close to rear tire, if I pull onto them forward, concerned if I overshoot and they come out back it will hit valves.
Then you need to learn and implement safe leveling practices.

Seriously, a modern tow vehicle with an automatic transmission is best utilized in a forward direction, because most reverse gears use a combination or other gears than low when reverse is engaged. That lowers the amount of available torque to the rear wheels, and can and usually will promote higher transmission temps as a result.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:18 PM   #10
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Lin , Ne
Quote:
May want to switch to legos or 2x6 boards.
Old 08-12-2018, 01:28 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Park City , Utah
just as others have stated, either back up or pull forward depending on the campsite. i also use the Level Mate Pro. I'm level and unhitching within a minute with my Bambi.
slackerchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 02:32 PM   #12
PKI
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Walnut Creek , California
If you are not comfortable with the Red levelers, consider an alternative red leveler system. The LEGO blocks can be more gradual in slope change and easier to control in application. As you become more comfortable with the rig, the curved levelers may become your goto solution, but paint them black. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 02:49 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Morton , Illinois
I can't explain why, but on loose gravel it works better to pull forward.
Hoboplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 03:47 PM   #14
2 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Medway , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Pierce View Post

We do this the same way as well except on round stone gravel or mud where the levelers simply slip or skid and we need to use the Lego blocks. Levelmate works great.

MAHofer is offline   Reply With Quote