Old 04-09-2004, 01:22 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Question '68-'69 Electric Power Jack

Hi all;

My Dad has taken on the project of getting our "Power Pac Jack" going for us. But really needs to find a wiring schematic on it.

Our owners manual from A/S does not say anything (other than it was a nice optional luxury.

I had purchased a 73 Service Manual from E-bay (yes I know stupid me!!) well over a month ago now and no sign of it - looks like I may have been dupped
must check into it now that it is passed the alloted time - gees and I paid for it the same day I won the bloody bid!!!

Anyway we were counting on something still being the same in the early 70's as the 69 model did take on some of the 70's services.

I have reviewed the many threads but can not seem to find anything for that year. Here is a picture of our Jack - not sure if they used a 68 or a 69/70 however it is original. I tell you one thing though I won't be buying any Jack Plates from E-bay Andy at Inland RV all the way if we get one!!!

Any help would really be appreciated - I actually stumped my Dad on this one - he fixes power golf carts as a hobby. I think they are a little newer

Thanks in advance for your help and advice....

Happy Easter Weekend Everyone
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	68-69 Power Pac Jack.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	5859  

Old 04-09-2004, 06:14 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
You don't need a schematic for that electric jack

It has one wire. That wire is hooked to the hot side of the breakaway switch.

That's it.

Enjoy a beer.

Andy

Old 04-11-2004, 08:08 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hi Andy;

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Can you or someone humor me - if anyone does have a detailed description of how it works and what wires do what - that would be great - including the breakaway switch.

Both right now are not attached to the trailer and are being worked on at a different location.

So please try to imagine that there is someone out there that has never seen one of these things before - never used one and does not know how it works - other than the obviouse concept of up and down

Thanks
Old 04-12-2004, 10:04 AM   #4
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
GT6921

The breakaway switch is wired from the "hot" 12 volts to the hot side of the electric brakes. For that reason, DO NOT pull that switch and leave it out more than 5 minutes. To do so, will burn up the brake magnets.

The jack is wired to the "hot" 12 volts at the breakaway switch.

The jack operation is built into the jack.

The breakaway switch operation is built into that switch.

Perhaps you should get a "service manual" from Helen Davis at 937-4928885, for a 73 model. Most of the information in it applies to your trailer.

Andy
Old 04-12-2004, 10:23 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Nothing was working when we picked it up - jack or the break away switch - Yikes the chances you take to get a Vintage A/S home - Well we had lots of safeties like chains, sway control bar, levelers and the fact that our car is 2000lbs heavier than the dry trailer - we thought we would be okay - and as he had it we were.

I have on order a service manual but have not got it yet - can't wait to get it!

Thanks again Andy for your time I will pass your info on to Dad.