Old 06-10-2016, 11:55 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
Glenville , New York
2016 22 Bambi Jacking Points ?

Attachment 264159Here is a picture I just took of where it appears the frame of the trailer comes down just behind & front of the street side axle/wheel & tire. Its clear where to jack way in the back where the stabilizers are with the arrow pointing to the diamond points indicating where to jack but I just want to be sure about what appears to be the flared (L)flat sections before/after the axle is where a jack should be put to raise the trailer for tire removal or to support the trailer using jacks stands ? The front (L)flat section has a round hole in the underside possibly for a stability point for a jack or stand ?. Can anyone confirm this for me ? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01926.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	264164  

Old 06-10-2016, 12:03 PM   #2
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Place the jack on the diamond shaped aluminum piece riveted to the frame just inboard of the word "JACK" on the sticker.

Old 06-10-2016, 12:56 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
Glenville , New York
Hi ... The only Diamonds with arrows pointing to them with the words jack are the two way in the back by the stabilizers, I thought it would be closer to the axle/tire for tire /wheel work ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01931.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	264169  
Old 06-10-2016, 01:36 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
Glenville , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcole View Post
Hi ... The only Diamonds with arrows pointing to them with the words jack are the two way in the back by the stabilizers, I thought it would be closer to the axle/tire for tire /wheel work ?
Also when I called the dealer where I purchased the trailer & talked to their Airstream guy who does their wheel/axle work he said he puts his jack underneath the axle ,as close to the wheel/tire as he can. When I questioned if that was the correct thing to do ,he said it would be ok with no damage to the axle. Is this correct ?
Old 06-11-2016, 10:28 AM   #5
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcole View Post
Also when I called the dealer where I purchased the trailer & talked to their Airstream guy who does their wheel/axle work he said he puts his jack underneath the axle ,as close to the wheel/tire as he can. When I questioned if that was the correct thing to do ,he said it would be ok with no damage to the axle. Is this correct ?
Let me repeat myself, and let me know where I lost you...
To jack up the trailer, place the jack on the diamond shaped piece of aluminum located just inboard of the sticker that says "JACK".