Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2007, 06:39 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
Ann Arbor , Michigan
Working on AS in winter.

I have started working on my 68 Overlander. I have gutted out everything except for the bathroom and kitchen sink...which I plan to do this weekend.

The issue is I am in Michigan and it is COLD!
There are a few very important things I need to address ASAP!

When working inside I will get a propane heater attatchment so I can have some heat while working.

Should this be enough?

One is the leak that I have and the other is putting in a new floor.

The leaks.

Leaks. From the top...I know it is leaking from one of the plastic vent covers. it is cracked and has a leak...I have seen it with my own eyes...dont know how to fix. Can I just pick one of these up at an RV dealership?

Two front windows. I can see ice on the inside rails. I dont know where it is leaking from...how can I find this...in the cold. I can just throw water on the trailer because it will freeze. Does anyone know where it would be leaking from...it is the front window on the righthand side of the door and the window directly accross from it.

Floor rot.
I noticed that the floor is soft around some of the edges...as well as rotted through behind the wheel well. Does this mean that I have a leak behind the wall or is this just normal for a 68?

The floor looks like it needs to be replaced about 6 inches around most of the trailer. Being that I am putting restaurant equipment in there...i need to replace the floor...but I dont want to replace the floor without fixing the leaks.

Any suggestions.
Aluminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:49 AM   #2
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluminati

When working inside I will get a propane heater attatchment so I can have some heat while working.

Should this be enough?
Are you talking about a propane heater other than the furnace?
Are you ready to sufficate?
If you are going to use a unvented heater in a confined space stick to electric.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:22 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Checking for leaks is an endless task until you find a dealer with a Sealtech tester. For more info see http://www.airforums.com/forums/f335...ent-36889.html

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote