Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-16-2011, 07:45 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
 
2011 28' International
Pittstown , New Jersey
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9
Water leak on new Airstream

Since I purchased this 27' international it has been nothing but problems.On the most recent trip back to the dealership which is COLONIAL AIRSTREAM where I purchased my airstream I told them of the 2 water leaks in rear of vehicle and of missing trim moulding.Well 1week later I just picked up today .upon inspection when I returned home found installed moulding installed sloppy and crooked.And this is how Colonial airstream took care of my water problem.Remember this is a brand new airstream.As you can see there was no care or pride in the repair or workmanship.It seams it's only about the sales ### and not the quality.Owe and by the way still leaking.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1611617297.png
Views:	242
Size:	723.7 KB
ID:	140301




Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3780545450.png
Views:	221
Size:	755.3 KB
ID:	140300
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2900274495.png
Views:	120
Size:	690.9 KB
ID:	140297   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-820419050.png
Views:	128
Size:	753.2 KB
ID:	140298  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-440251771.png
Views:	119
Size:	739.3 KB
ID:	140299  
__________________

__________________
Rileybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:02 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member
 
kipper's Avatar
 
2006 19' International CCD
Hatboro , Pennsylvania
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 53
Thats rotten , you would think the would check their work .
__________________

__________________
Kipper
If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
George S. Patton
kipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:04 AM   #3
Rivet Master
 
dznf0g's Avatar

 
2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,402
Images: 5
Somebody was getting paid flat rate and wasn't happy. No excuse!
__________________
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:16 AM   #4
Rivet Master
 
Road Ruler's Avatar
 
Currently Looking...
St. Catharines , South Western Ontario
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 2,364
Images: 39
It is discouraging to see this kind of stuff.

Really wish Airstream/Thor/Dealers would get their act together and start producing at a level that relates to price/expectations.
__________________
Airstreams..... The best towing trailers on the planet!
Road Ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:55 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member
 
2007 27' Classic FB
Havelock , North Carolina
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 61
Wow what a mess.. don't forget to check for leaks on those pano windows and the rear trim band.
__________________
nsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:50 AM   #6
Rivet Master
 
Wabbiteer's Avatar
 
1973 27' Overlander
1972 29' Ambassador
St. Paul , Minnesota
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,912
Images: 2
Blog Entries: 2
Every shop keeps a worker around to make the others look good.

And then they get promoted to management.

Sorry you drew the short straw.
__________________

Wabbiteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:44 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member
 
2007 27' Classic FB
Ridgefield , Washington
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 362
Images: 8
It appears that Colonial has a quality assurance problem amongst other things. Obviously there is a maintenance person with absolutely no pride in their work and should be looking for work at another shop.
I normally inspect the work that is done to our stream prior to leaving the dealership and my Wife makes it a point to thank the technician who did the work.
I am appalled!
__________________
John & Lisa
Woosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:49 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member
 
Chief's Avatar
 
Currently Looking...
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 477
Images: 1
That is truly messed up! You would think that a person would have had to be drunk and blindfolded to have done something like that! Thanks for posting. Colonial has a presence on the forum. It will be interesting to see if they will respond....if it were my business, I would be making a 1,000 apologies and offering to pay your expenses for a return trip.

Chief
__________________
Dream like you're going to live forever, live like you're going to die tomorrow, and dance like nobody is watching!

AIR # 22776
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:33 PM   #9
New Member
 
1973 31' Excella 500
New Port Richey , Florida
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2
That is exactly what I did to my 1975 Airstream and it stopped the leak at a cost of one tube @ $9.85 Frank
__________________
fwsieft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:02 PM   #10
Colonial Airstream NJ
Airstream Dealer
 
Colonial Airstream's Avatar
 
1968 17' Caravel
Lakewood , New Jersey
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 570
Images: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileybear View Post
Since I purchased this 27' international it has been nothing but problems.On the most recent trip back to the dealership which is COLONIAL AIRSTREAM where I purchased my airstream I told them of the 2 water leaks in rear of vehicle and of missing trim moulding.Well 1week later I just picked up today .upon inspection when I returned home found installed moulding installed sloppy and crooked.And this is how Colonial airstream took care of my water problem.Remember this is a brand new airstream.As you can see there was no care or pride in the repair or workmanship.It seams it's only about the sales ### and not the quality.Owe and by the way still leaking.

Attachment 140301




Attachment 140300

Bob,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention… we can do better than that. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and I am sorry for the disappointment. Please call us so we can make this better for you.

Thank you,

Patrick Botticelli
__________________
Patrick Botticelli - Colonial Airstream 1121 Route 88 Lakewood, NJ 08701 - 1-800-265-9019 www.colonialairstream.com
Colonial Airstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:22 PM   #11
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"
 
ROBERT CROSS's Avatar

 
2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,153
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeatAirstream View Post
Bob,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention… we can do better than that. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and I am sorry for the disappointment. Please call us so we can make this better for you.

Thank you,

Patrick Botticelli

Well that was quick....hope someone got spanked for that one Patrick.
That's so unlike Colonial...

Bob
__________________
PFC.....

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:11 PM   #12
Rivet Master
 
dznf0g's Avatar

 
2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,402
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
Well that was quick....hope someone got spanked for that one Patrick.
That's so unlike Colonial...

Bob
It's the weekend. I think the spanking will commence Monday, about 8:30 AM Eastern Time. Wait, sales meeting on Monday morning....spanking about 10:30AM.
__________________
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:32 PM   #13
Rivet Master
 
NevadaGeo's Avatar
 
1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,305
It's nice that there was a rerepair to this repair problem, but WHY is this necessary? Why do the Quality Assurance folks rank behind the Quality Control folks who rank behind some bean counter's pencil whipping of costs? Note to any entrepeneur type: Here's hundreds of folks reading about this need of a ReRepair of a Repair, if you ran a shop with a reputation that there were no need whatsoever of any first repair out of your shop, you've got hundreds of views times dozens of chance converstions times dozens of years; of free advertising, same as this shop now has hundreds of views times dozens of chance conversations times Dozens of years of repeating POOR QA.
__________________
I admit to being powerless over housecleaning and social niceities
Airforums 22655 and now, WBCCI 22655

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:57 AM   #14
Moderator
 
Kevin245's Avatar

 
Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,390
Images: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo View Post
It's nice that there was a rerepair to this repair problem, but WHY is this necessary? Why do the Quality Assurance folks rank behind the Quality Control folks who rank behind some bean counter's pencil whipping of costs? Note to any entrepeneur type: Here's hundreds of folks reading about this need of a ReRepair of a Repair, if you ran a shop with a reputation that there were no need whatsoever of any first repair out of your shop, you've got hundreds of views times dozens of chance converstions times dozens of years; of free advertising, same as this shop now has hundreds of views times dozens of chance conversations times Dozens of years of repeating POOR QA.

As an owner I'd find this terribly disheartening, and as the dealer...the same. So far there hasn't been a "Re-Repair" but an offer by the selling/repairing dealer to make good on this, which is the second step in resolution. The first step being the customer contacting the dealer with their concerns.

That being said let's leave give Patrick the opportunity to make good on his word.

<<Mod Mode>>

A friendly reminder of the forum rules when it comes to vendor disputes.

Quote:
Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and dealer through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community.
__________________

__________________

"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."

Eleanor Roosevelt

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Water tank-weep holes-mystery leak(s). Gator113 Fresh Water Systems 9 09-21-2011 03:39 PM
Airstream water heater door LKSD Water Heaters, Filters & Pumps 9 03-23-2011 05:46 AM
atwood water being fitted to a 1960 Overlander Lothlorian Water Heaters, Filters & Pumps 10 01-01-2011 06:42 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.