Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2002, 01:15 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Vulkem sealant

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase Vulkem sealant without mail ordering it? I know from reading on line what type to get but don't know where to purchase it locally (If thats possible). I live in the Seattle area.

Thanks,
Larry
Stougard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 09:12 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1983 27' Excella
Airstreamville , Kansas
Vulkem

Larry,
I have'nt looked but I have read that you can get it at Home Depot, Lowes, or a similar place like that.

John
83Excella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 09:28 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1965 20' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Houston , Texas
Vulkem and alternatives.

When I was initially searching for Vulkem, I tried all the home stores around Houston, TX and all I found was siliconized gutter sealants, a no-no on Airstream trailers. I could not even find the right Vulkem in the commercial 18 wheeler parts houses. I ended up having to mail order a couple of tubes. What I did find retail at an RV Superstore (PPL MotorHomes), is Sikaflex and Par-Bond. Both of these are acceptable to use on gaps, vents, around window frames and panels and are approved by Airstream for such.

Others have found that Alcoa Gutter seal is an excellent choice for sealing shell panels as it "wicks" into the tight space between the overlayment gaps. I have no mailorder source for this. It is usually purchased locally due to requiring a hazardous material permit to ship.

Best Regards;
-BobbyWright

-"You want to make it two inches - or, if you're working in centimeters, make sure it's enough centimeters for two inches."-Red Green
BobbyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 09:51 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Thanks guys for the input. The only place I found out here that had it was at a small RV store in Auburn Wa. It was, however, the wrong type, color, and the price was high. I guess I'll order some from Airstream Dreams. Their prices seem reasonable and they have a good review online about the various types and which is recommended by Airstream. Besides, I have probably spent more money in gas running around looking for it that what the Vulkem costs in the first place. Thanks again for your help!

Larry
Stougard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 10:34 AM   #5

Send a message via ICQ to ArlineB
Vulcum

I ordered it from here and I think it was 14.95 a tube
http://www.inlandrv.com/ Good Luck ArlineB
ArlineB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 12:25 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1965 20' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Houston , Texas
Another source

Another source for $5.45 a tube.

http://www.airstreamdreams.com/item....18&PRID=123181

-BobbyWright

-"You want to make it two inches - or, if you're working in centimeters, make sure it's enough centimeters for two inches."-Red Green
BobbyW is offline   Reply With Quote

« Roof seal | Top | Leaks »