Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2004, 11:31 AM   #1
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
Vulkem Sale

I have been trying to locate Vulkem for our upcoming sealant repair after sewer valve replacement. I have located a distributor of Vulkem here in the Denver area that is going to do me a huge favor and order some 616 in white (because we have the Argosy painted beige), with his next regular order this week. It will probibly be a one time deal??? as they don't usually carry 616 and it just worked out. BUT, the thing is I can get it CHEAPER than at Windish RV ($8.10) a tube - probibly $7.50 and I can also get a case (more??) of the grey if some of you are interested and I could bring it down to the Rky Mt. Rally in C. Springs, if needed. We plan to come down for Saturday. I will need to know pretty quickly as the order goes out tomorrow and will take 10-14 days. If you are interested, PM or leave post here.

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 11:40 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by COArgosy78
I have been trying to locate Vulkem for our upcoming sealant repair after sewer valve replacement. I have located a distributor of Vulkem here in the Denver area that is going to do me a huge favor and order some 616 in white (because we have the Argosy painted beige), with his next regular order this week. It will probibly be a one time deal??? as they don't usually carry 616 and it just worked out. BUT, the thing is I can get it CHEAPER than at Windish RV ($8.10) a tube - probibly $7.50 and I can also get a case (more??) of the grey if some of you are interested and I could bring it down to the Rky Mt. Rally in C. Springs, if needed. We plan to come down for Saturday. I will need to know pretty quickly as the order goes out tomorrow and will take 10-14 days. If you are interested, PM or leave post here.
What's different about 616 over 636 othern then you can get white? www.Airstreamdreams.com sells the 636 for $5.95 a tube.
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 11:47 AM   #3
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
All I know is that it has been recommended (or stated?) that Airstream uses 616 exclusively. We are doing our first Vulkem repair, so have no experience in difference. Maybe someone else who has used either/both will respond, but we will go for what is suggested for now.

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
Old 06-29-2004, 11:52 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
Did a little reading after my post. Might want to read this yourself.
http://www.airstreamdreams.com/generic.html?pid=29

636 would be better for what your doing except for the color. I have used copius amounts of 636 when I put the body back on our frame....Goood stuff!
I plan to do some seam sealing on our 59 in the next week or two so I can get the interrior back in it.
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 12:02 PM   #5
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Thanks for the heads-up. I think I will check out the possibility of getting 636 or 626 (colors?). Not sure I understand all the lingo re: Vulkem, but want to use "what is recommended". Wish I could remember which post I saw that said 616 was the recommended one - maybe it was way old??!!