Finally removed vent cover. Think InlandAndy may be correct about replacing gasket. Used hairdryer (heat gun being purchased today) to remove alot of the old vulkem. There were still patches of orange residue. Tried wire brush on dremel. Not happy with scratches. Tried brake cleaner and did not effect them. MEK with scrub pad removed almost all of it.
1) Is the area now clean enough to install new gasket?
2) Do I put a bead of vulkem down first before I place screen over pipe and then slide gasket over screen and into the bead of vulkem?
3) Once gasket is in place do I use vulkem to seal gasket to vent pipe?
4) Do I put a bead of vulkem on roof before I replace the vent cover or replace vent cover and then seal around the base?
5) Do I put a dab of vulkem in each screw hole before replacing the screws?