Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Leaks - Weatherstrips, Gaskets, Caulks & Sealants
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-15-2002, 06:27 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Two ?'s Furnace and weather stripping

Hello all,

Am combining two questions and hope this won't be confusing! *

First I would like a tip or two about our furnace. The trailer is a 69 Overlander with a Suburban NT 22 in it [not working at present]

We don't know what is wrong with it - but do know the NT 22 hasn't been made in years now. We also know this furnace hasn't been run in years. The replacement is the NT 24SP and we can get it.

Would it be wiser to get the replacement or try to get parts for the one we have?

Question two is about weather stripping. All windows and the door needs replacing...any ideas as to where to find weather stripping?

Thanks everyone,
A & J [Escapeez}
escapeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 10:23 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

mill springs , North Carolina
a/s dealer or try www.soffseal.com
sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 06:10 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
A & J,
I went through this last year when the furnace in my '77 Excella 500 would not always relight. I pulled it out and took it to a local RV place after discussing with the board what might be wrong. It looked like an easy $110-140 circuit board but then they found that the 12 v. fan motor was not speeding up as fast as it should to trip the sail. They also found muddaubber nests inside the combustion chamber. I chose the more expensive $140 circuit board that will shut the fan off after 4 or so attempts to light. A friend had turned his gas off but left the thermostat on so his furnace tried all week to light and the fan ran his battery down. I figured it would be my luck to do that so opted for the extra $30 as a safety precaution. Total cost was around $334. A new unit would cost probably $50 more if you shopped around. I'd pull the unit out, have someone look at it and get an estimate. I'm happy with my decision since the unit was only 5 yrs. old at the time and the major components were replaced. If I had questions about the entire unit then I would probably replace the whole thing.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote