Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
 
Alcoa Roller's Avatar
 
1963 26' Overlander
Dallas , Texas
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 91
This goop does what?

Does anyone have a chart, spread sheet, etc. or a link of all the various sealers, i.e. Vulkum, Silkaflex, butyl tape, etc. and what they are used for specific to Airstream. Seems like everybody does their own thing which may be ok but was just curious for base line purposes here. New owner here of a 63 that will no doubt be getiing the treatment here and there.

Thanks
__________________

__________________
Alcoa Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,499
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcoa Roller View Post
Does anyone have a chart, spread sheet, etc. or a link of all the various sealers, i.e. Vulkum, Silkaflex, butyl tape, etc. and what they are used for specific to Airstream. Seems like everybody does their own thing which may be ok but was just curious for base line purposes here. New owner here of a 63 that will no doubt be getiing the treatment here and there.

Thanks
For a 1963, you can use Vulkem that's tough and slow setting, Sikaflex that's also tough but very fast setting, like 60 minutes, or Parr-bond, for small seams.

Staying with the materials that Airstream has been using for many years, won't lead you astray.

Andy
__________________

__________________
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member
 
Alcoa Roller's Avatar
 
1963 26' Overlander
Dallas , Texas
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 91
Thanks for response Andy. I see you all over these boards and your knowlege and help are appreciated. I guess what I am really after is a comprehensive list, of what is used, where it is used, and why it is used. Not asking anyone to reinvent the wheel, just thought someone might have it or a link to such a page.

Thanks again.
__________________
Alcoa Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member
 
Rich of SCal's Avatar
 
2012 16' Sport
San Bernardino , California
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 438
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
For a 1963, you can use Vulkem that's tough and slow setting, Sikaflex that's also tough but very fast setting, like 60 minutes, or Parr-bond, for small seams.

Staying with the materials that Airstream has been using for many years, won't lead you astray.

Andy
What do you recommend for resealing the hole where the umbilical goes up into the AS through the floor. Also, where it enters the A-frame at the tongue? I am replacing mine and it was filled with a rubbery gray material at the floor, and maybe the same stuff, but painted black at the tongue, along with a rubber collar (which I saved) at both ends.
__________________
Rich of SCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:34 PM   #5
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,499
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich of SCal View Post
What do you recommend for resealing the hole where the umbilical goes up into the AS through the floor. Also, where it enters the A-frame at the tongue? I am replacing mine and it was filled with a rubbery gray material at the floor, and maybe the same stuff, but painted black at the tongue, along with a rubber collar (which I saved) at both ends.
Vulkem works great for that purpose.

Andy
__________________
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member
 
Rich of SCal's Avatar
 
2012 16' Sport
San Bernardino , California
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 438
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
Vulkem works great for that purpose.

Andy
Thanks
__________________

__________________
Rich of SCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.