Old 06-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2008 27' International CCD FB
Petaluma , California
Skylight choices

Originally Posted by Bluto View Post

Now about the skylights. I like the frost idea and the added light. Maybe the clear the whole way thru would be a good option for me for star gazing. I'll just have to decide. I'll probably do these projects this Fall or Winter so I have some time to figure out what I want.
It's nice you have time to decide. If you have 2 you could frost the hallway and make the living space unit clear for star/lightning/hail gazing.

Good luck on your planned upgrades!

SuperTrouper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #16
Rivet Master
2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
I like that idea. Yes, the frosted in the hall by the shower and bathroom area. Clear in Living area.
I have plenty of time and will not order untill the camping season is over. Nice little Winter project.

Bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:27 AM   #17
Rivet Master
2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Is there such a thing as a very large foil-backed insulator board that can be cut to size for sky lights, vista view windows, and stack windows? I am concerned about sun damaging/fading the interior of the trailer if I leave the shades open. I am afraid with the shades closed the sun will deteriorate the shades themselves. If I leave the shades open and the curtains drawn I am afraid the curtains will rot. I thought about getting some 4' x 8' sheets of the insulating foam board used in building construction. Very light, but also very big and bulky for storage.
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:52 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member
2004 28' Classic
austin , Texas
Why not use the foil insulation sold in rolls at Lowes? It can be cut to any size with scissors and is very lightweight. I cut big rectangles that are easy to place over the windows behind the blinds. I placed it around the curves of the front windows too, held up only by the curtains. When I remove the panels they slip into the pocket behind the couch with ease. We cut rectangles to fit up in the skylights. By making them a little oversized they pop up into the cavity and stay put. The squares over the fantastic fans are attached with small squares of velcro on each corner. It made a noticeable difference in the ability of the ac to deal with the heat.
Ntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:48 AM   #19
Rivet Master
2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I will look for that at Lowe's.

m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote