Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2019, 05:28 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
Richmond Hill , Georgia
Rear Water Intrusion

I have been dealing with a reoccurring issue that has stopped most progress on my renovation because I cannot fix it. The rear left side of my AS is leaking a lot whenever it rains. I have resealed where the bumper meets the shell and other area around the side skirts. The windows has new seals on them and do not leak. The end cap was either replaced or re-riveted by previous owner as there are olympic rivets with sealant on top. This wasn't an issue when I first got the AS, but since replacing the subfloors and working on it, it has not gone away. Any help and ideas are greatly appreciated! I will also need to epoxy the corner that is damaged, if anyone knows a good brand to go with. Thank you!
junebug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 05:48 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
Tampa Bay , ^
I found with my 77 Sovereign, that the tail lights were allowing so much water in, that they were rotting the floor in the back corners. I replaced the lenses, made gaskets and caulked it from the inside as well as the outside. That stopped the leaks.

I also had leaks coming in from the lower trim, but after I replaced the rear floor, I put aluminum flashing under the trailer skin to deflect water away from the flooring. It has been over 5 years, and no more water coming in at the rear of my trailer.

I hope that helps. Check your tail lights.

Sneakinup is offline   Reply With Quote