Old 12-18-2015, 08:38 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Glendale , California
eternabond on fantastic fans

I have photos of my trailer with the new eternabond on the fans. you can get it a granger. http://www.airforums.com/forums/f455...cor-96561.html

Old 12-19-2015, 07:08 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
I used to have a 1994 AS LY motorhome (diesel pusher) that suffered with roof leaks. I used Eternabond to seal the roof seams (and it did a good job of stopping the leaks). However, I'm not so sure that just using a hair dryer would allow the tape to be released. It chemically welds the tape to the roof. On the motorhome, the roof was fiberglass - the same type as is used on sailboat decks - the walls were fiberglass laminate and the quarter round where the roof and the walls met was aluminum. The Eternabond welded itself to the aluminum and could never be pried up.

1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 07:10 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

Glendale , California
removal of eternabond

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkmagikca View Post
I used to have a 1994 AS LY motorhome (diesel pusher) that suffered with roof leaks. I used Eternabond to seal the roof seams (and it did a good job of stopping the leaks). However, I'm not so sure that just using a hair dryer would allow the tape to be released. It chemically welds the tape to the roof. On the motorhome, the roof was fiberglass - the same type as is used on sailboat decks - the walls were fiberglass laminate and the quarter round where the roof and the walls met was aluminum. The Eternabond welded itself to the aluminum and could never be pried up.
here is a link https://www.eternabond.com/articles.asp?id=165
Old 12-20-2015, 07:16 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

Glendale , California
removal of eternabond

I did not say it would be easy what is about fixing a leak on a trailer
Old 12-20-2015, 08:21 AM   #19
3 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Black Diamond , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbacksurfer View Post
look at this thread http://www.airforums.com/forums/f455...cor-96561.html I have the eternabond for 3 years now you cant beat it when you need to replace it who knows when , just use a blow dryer on it and pull it up watch the video.
Do you see any drawbacks to using eterabond on the ZipDee awning attachment to the AS? They have a alumibond product as well - any experience with this? Thanks for your time.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:37 AM   #20
1987 Avion 34W owner

Vintage Kin Owner
Good Ol' , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygmypoacher View Post
Do you see any drawbacks to using eterabond on the ZipDee awning attachment to the AS? They have a alumibond product as well - any experience with this? Thanks for your time.
Can you describe more of what you mean? If you are meaning the upper and lower mounting brackets, I would suggest removing the brackets one at a time, clean the back surface of the bracket and the skin of the trailer, apply a layer of ParBond http://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/...-p/VTS-256.htm then reattach the bracket to the trailer. I can't imagine a good way of using the Alumibond to seal those brackets. However, I could see using the narrower Alumibond tape to seal the upper edge of the awning attachment strip on the trailer. And, I used the Alumibond to seal the seams on top of our Avion, and around the air and plumbing vents. http://www.airforums.com/photos/brow...c=3530&userid=
1995 Ford F250 7.3L PowerStroke
PaulnGina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 06:09 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

Glendale , California
eternabond on fantastic fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygmypoacher View Post
i don't think i would use it on the zipdee drip rail if that is what your talking about I think I would clean out old and replace with original caulking
Old 12-27-2015, 07:18 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2011 22' Sport
Fredericksburg , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulnGina View Post
Looking closely at where you pointed to the hairline crack, I would definitely us the 4" Eternabond AlumiBond tape. Cut a strip for each side of that vent, make each strip about 4" longer than the vent edge that contacts the roof. Lay it so it covers the seam that contacts the roof, and make it cover the vertical edge of the vent as well. You can trim the ends of each strip to allow you wrap the tape around each corner of the vertical edges of the vent. I found that a pair of tin snips trimmed the Eternabond tape nicely.

PaulnGina
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F250 7.3L PowerStroke

Blessed and highly favored
I have noticed that a few have suggested the aluminum tape (Eternabond). On their web page they also offer a non aluminum tape as well. Being that the roof area on my 2011 is some sort of plastic material will the aluminum tape still be the better choice?
Old 06-28-2016, 08:44 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1999 28' Excella
Frederick , Maryland
Here is a pic of mine with eternabond tape. It's the bomb and I don't know why more people don't use it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2419.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	192.7 KB
ID:	265447  

AM Solar Panels 150W - 2 Trojan T 105 6V Batteries
TAC MD-6
AIR 4534

On internet forums, please research and separate the wheat from the chaff (including mine!)
Soyboy is offline   Reply With Quote