Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Leaks - Weatherstrips, Gaskets, Caulks & Sealants
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-15-2014, 06:46 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1977 28' Argosy 28
Jamesport , New York
Moho Drivers Side Window Weatherstripping Question

After reading and re-reading all the helpful posts on replacing the weatherstripping for the driver and passenger side sliding windows my 77 Argosy Moho, I still have a couple of questions: I "get" removing the weatherstripping around the back (sliding) window, and taking that window out. But, does the forward window and the vertical bar come out also? And, the thinner seal around that front window is different than the rear? I would like to fully understand this before tackling this job (that I've already put of for several years). Can anyone help me out here? Thanks.
Gill L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:10 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
I've since sold my 77 Argosy moho, but I redid every window in it during my ownership. The forward window is in there for good. If it is broken or otherwise needs replaced, I'm pretty sure you'll be removing the whole frame and replacing all. The seal between the fixed glass on any of the windows isn't replaceable as far as I know. It was all good on mine. If there is reason to replace that sealer, then I think I'd scrape as best I could with a razor knife, clean well, dry well, and then apply new liquid sealer (caulk).

-sent from the Airforums mobile app
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:19 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
One more thing I thought of. For the driver/passenger windows, there is a seal strip that mounts vertically at the back of the non-moving window. The seal is tricky to replace here. I'm not sure if you plan to replace it or not, but likely if you are working on the windows then you will want to replace it, too. You can still buy the seal strip and it is unique to this place on the camper. To replace it, I used a Dremel with a cut-off wheel and cut a very small triangle out of the seal channel near the very top. One having done that, you can pull the old seal out of the T-track. Slide the new one in and compress it a bit into the channel and then it will spring-back up into the maybe 1/4" above the notch that was cut. In most cases, no one will even notice the notch and it saves taking out and disassembling the whole window frame to replace it.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote