Old 05-17-2010, 09:37 AM   #1
1993 31' Legacy 30
des moines , Iowa
Red face Legacy Leak

Hi! We are new to the Airstream ownership, we have had our used Legacy for almost a year now and love it. But during the winter thaw we discovered a leak which runs out at the bottom of the over head cupboards on the passenger side, from the front to the last cupboard. We have tried a sealer, but with the rains being plenty lately, it is still coming in. It runs between the walls and somehow then between the inside of the shelf and the bottom, which is about a two inch space, or so. Our awning runs the full length of the 30 foot, has anyone any advice? I thot perhaps it would be coming in at the awning attachment. It does not leak in the bedroom, thanks goodness. It looks like, from what I have seen so far on the forum, leaking is not an uncommon problem.
Thank you so much!

skrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:13 AM   #2
1994 34' Limited
Upper Sandusky , Ohio
We are dealing with mystery leaks also. We have a 1994 34' limited. I have found that you must act like a detective...because the leak on the inside does NOT always mean that it will be in the same place on the outside of the trailer. You really have to look around a lot especially around vents, skylights, or any other opening on the roof! Good luck! Maybe someone else can steer you closer with your particular leak!

Grumpy old man
runningbarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:14 AM   #3
1993 31' Legacy 30
des moines , Iowa
hi, thankyou so much for answering!! Yes, I think we have come to realize that the leak is not necessarily at the point of entrance!! and I like your little red angry person. We have been that, when we thot perhaps it was handled, because hubby used some caulking, but next rain it was nearly as bad!!. Hey! idea!! Maybe they should come with an attachable tarp, which can be rolled and hooked one one end, and like the awning, can be rolled over the top when not running!!! (too much work we may as well stay home, we have leaks to fix here, too.) haha
Well, I hope you have some good trips this summer!! water free!! at least leak free!
skrh is offline   Reply With Quote