Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2006, 03:29 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
Leaks again!!!!

Okay folks we are dodging tornado's as I write. I just ran out to check how the new re-seal on top had held up through one heavy down pour. Yikes it's still leaking I need all the advice you can give me. The leaks are right by the air unit on the seam where that piece of molding runs along the cieling. I also now have 2 smaller leaks down the hallway also on that same seam. Any advice? I've got three buckets under there now and it's working until I can get back up on top to reseal. I do have good news the vent is no longer leaking. Man it's raining cats and dogs.

Becky
rebel beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 03:38 PM   #2
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Becky, I'm sittin' here watching the weather channel, all that stuff is headed our way during the night.

The only leaks I've found around the A/C, believe it or not, were on the four main bolts that hold the inside shroud to the main part of the A/C unit. I think I've a pic or two if you want. These "bolts" are actuall hollow steel tubes that the shroud retainer bolts screw into. Being hollow, they can leak if they are not covered or sealed properly from the top.

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 03:44 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
Sinking ship

Jim it is headed toward yall. It's awfull they had softball size hail in Memphis. So far no hail hear my husband is on his way home here goes the blue tarp back on the Airstream. This is a mess. Is your Airstream inside? All the stuff around the shroud was re-sealed this week it has to be the seam at the top that runs long ways. We will bring the water hose out Saturday I hope.

Becky
rebel beck is offline   Reply With Quote