Originally Posted by Firstlight
We have a small leak around (we think) the antenna. It drips down onto the ceiling board, then through a tiny hole that has a wire running through it, on to our hardwood floor. It's not a large amount but enough to eventually ruin the ceiling and floor. I have been advised to go up on the outside roof and caulk good around the antenna. First question. How do you climb onto the rounded roof from a ladder without slipping off? , and, will the caulking work?
This is a 1960
Overlander that we have been working on. That rounded roof really scares us.Any help would be so appreciated.
1. Lean a ladder against a window hinge, with a cloth barrier.
2. Get up on the awning side.
3. Wear soft soled shoes or sneakers.
4. Don't even go there if the roof is wet or damp.
5. DO NOT go forward or rearward of the awning rail.
6. Walk easy, don't jump around.
7. The above is what every mechanic does.