Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2009, 10:13 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' International CCD
Freehold , New Jersey
Leak???

Happy New Year Streamers!

I have had a few leaks by the front Fantastic Fan - but always re-caulked and no problem for a year or so. Trailer had 20 inches of show on the top followed a weak later be terrible rain so I thought I would go ina and check for water.

FF was fine. Everything looked fine until I opened the bathroom door. Some water on the floor just outside the shower. Put some papertowels down and thought that would be it. They soaked up the water but more would re-appear. Looked up, all walls dry. Went out of the bath, lifted mattress (corner bed/25SS) and noticed water on the floor between bed and outside bath wall.

Down near the floor I saw a water pipe (?) heading into a cutout on the bath wall. More paper towels. Soaked up a lot of water! Inside walls look dry. Even ckecked overhead cabinets.

Do you all think that pipe leaked/broke? Or could there be a leak running down the insde of the bath wall (between wood wall and plastic shower surround)?

Will check again tomorrow and again after our next rain.
DrPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:14 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Freehold , New Jersey
That's 20 inches of SNOW on top. And trailer was professionally winterized.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:16 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Freehold , New Jersey
A week! It wasn't either a strong one or a weak one (I need to proofread). LOL
Old 12-30-2009, 06:03 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2002 22' International
2019 25' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Dr...I wish I could help you but I am not familiar with your floorplan. What I can say is that you need to find the source of the leak soon. Maybe you can post some pictures here so folks can help you guess. At first, I thought your problem might be from vent pipes on the roof. The seals around those pipes need to be in very good condition to keep water from coming down the edge of the pipes and eventually entering a space where your subfloor can be damaged from repeated wettings. Can you be sure that your subfloor is not soaking up moisture?

You mentioned a water pipe. Is it water (supply) pipe, a drain pipe, or a vent pipe to the roof? Let us know.

Good Luck
TankerIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:47 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I believe the pipe you are referring to is a vent pipe for the grey or black tank. It is possible the the gasket is bad on this. You need to get up on the roof and uncover the roof vent that the pipe belongs too. Look down from above and see if the gasket is deteriorated.

Hope it helps.

Steve
Old 12-30-2009, 07:09 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2010 31' Classic
Mobile , Alabama
Send a message via AIM to Greg N Send a message via Yahoo to Greg N
I jus purchased a 2009 27fb ccd and had leaks from both vent pipes which I cleaned off all sealer and applied Dicor with those leaks fixed it was then on to replacing both skylites due to leaks from many cracks around mounting screws...My last and final leak was the vent fan over the bath lavvy... Leak was comming from the roof seam the hole was cut thru to install fan, had to run sealer a couple inches down the seam from the vent housing to cure that one... So for now no leaks and its raining tonite...

Best of Luck
Greg
Greg N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:47 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Geez Greg, a new unit with all of that and I would have taken it right back to the dealer or factory to have them fix all the issues!
Old 12-31-2009, 07:40 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2010 31' Classic
Mobile , Alabama
Steve

I would do exactly that except for the fact I bought tlr. from a Dlr. going out of bidness in Casper,Wy. saved a bunch of money as he sold unit at 80% of his invoice...So with no Dlr. anywhere close to Mobile,Al. and long way to Jackson Center...The big thing is I know from past exp. with both Dlr and Factory svc, having owned and do own Big Mohos...Theres no doubt I fixed it better and faster...Even in these down times I still find Dlrs and Factory svc. to be slap happy and shoddy... If I can do the job I do it myself and sleep better and probably dryer too...LOL

Greg
Old 12-31-2009, 08:59 AM   #9
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
DR

These roof leaks are common, ours started during the second season.

Look there first, this is what the black tank looked like on ours, as you can tell it was a bad leak right from the Factory....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SOLAR PANELS; ROOF LEAK 011.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	322.3 KB
ID:	93201  
Old 12-31-2009, 11:57 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2010 31' Classic
Mobile , Alabama
Oops found anudder one....This one was from a crack on the exterior flange at a roof attachment screw on the rear fantastic fan, but what made it difficult to patch and I mean patch not fix was the fact it ran from the screw up to the top of the fan housing, and wouldn't ya jus figure it had to be the hinge side for the top...So had to remove top to get at crack... Affixed aluminum duct tape to entire crack then applied liberal amounts of Dicor then reattached top and applied sealer to hinge screw heads... GEEZ I is so tired of fixing leaks I could scream...Good ting JC is closed till the 4th or I mite have melted a phone line betwix here and there...LOL

Greg
Old 12-31-2009, 11:59 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2010 31' Classic
Mobile , Alabama
P.S. Also add slap happy and shoddy to production line...
Old 01-17-2010, 02:22 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

Freehold , New Jersey
It is raining a lot today and the trailer floor is dry. The pipe I am referring to appears to be in direct line with the shower drain. It exits the bath and goes under the corner bed. From the rear storage compartment (which is under the bed) it has a section that sticks straight up about 6". The pipe continues into the curb side storage the under the floor to the gray (?) tank. Could water have simply escaped during winterization?

Brian
Old 03-08-2010, 10:13 AM   #13
1 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Seattle , Washington
Help in Seattle

I have a 1973 31' sov. and would like to know if there is an outfit or someone the can work on my AS so it will stop leaking before we work on the inside. I am willing to trailer it to near by states.

Any help would be Great
everluvray is offline   Reply With Quote