Old 07-25-2011, 08:07 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1972 29' Ambassador
Fort McCoy , Florida
Angry Frame crossmember wet-1972 Ambassador

Wet frame cross member. Rusting!
We have had some big rain. I am generally dry in my 72 Ambassador 29. Tonite, looking for raccoons, I put a light under the coach and noticed a wet cross member that is part of the middle section where the holding tank is. I drained the holding tank it was air tight and seemed leak free. My AC is the actual Dayton from 1972 that vents water underneath the coach and is dripping fine. Now what could be causing the wet crossmember? Maybe the Dometic's small drain? I remved the clearcoat and have buffed about 80% of the trailer. I think, I must have a water runway from a seam that ends up on this crossmember. It is still solid, but I full-time and there is concern. ANY IDEAS?. I have ruled out the sink. One of my Vista windows has a leak that has to drip between the walls and may gather at the crossmember, but it must travel down to the main frame and over to the center. I did notice losing vulkem when I used the clearcoat remover. I am rambling, but I thought everything was dry underneath. I am raised on nice concrete pads and supported according to suggertions of the Guru's of this group. Help! This crossmember forms a box with the axles in the center with the freshwater holding tanks. My rear cross member is dry. It has to be the vista window leak migrating to the bottom center. I am going to have to get this attended to before the integrity is effected. Comments please-Mrwaterway
Mrwaterway is offline   Reply With Quote

water migration, wet frame, vista view windows