Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1948 22' Liner
1989 34' Limited
long beach , Mississippi
Flex Seal- As seen on TV

Does anybody used this spray on sealer called flex-seal ?
Now that all my interior walls are off , I would like to re-seal all seams from the inside before i insulate? any advice.. or what do you guys use instead ?

thanks
submariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Opelika , Alabama
before i used that stuff, which costs 20 bucks a can, i would just get some pickup truck bed liner from harbor freight for about a buck a can since it's not gonna work very well just spraying on the inside. i guess it would slow it down some. alternatively, and more expensively, there is some stuff called pro-seal that is used to seal aircraft aluminum fuel tanks, is a 2 part epoxy material, very sticky, very strong. lasts a long long time, completely waterproof. but you need to get some between the skin and the rib and around each rivet hole. or build a shed.
bobnmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:19 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1948 22' Liner
1989 34' Limited
long beach , Mississippi
well , i was thinking the spray stuff , because it “creeps “ into the seams a little. better than brushing on bedliner. And spray is faster to do
submariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Opelika , Alabama
it's like trying to fix a roof leak from the inside. you can seal between the roof and the rafter, but the water just leaks down on top of the rafter and comes out somewhere else. which, if it was dripping on your head while you are trying to sleep, could be a good thing. on the other hand, if the "fix" means the water then runs down the rib and rots your floor and you don't know it, in the long run, that is bad.
bobnmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:36 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Murfreesboro , Tennessee
home depot has some stuff similar to the seal flex that is about $10 a can. it claims to be %100 waterproof and flexible too!! I bought a couple cans and am going to try it on the inside of my outer shell before i insulate too. i sprayed a little out on the ground and it comes out very thick and looks like its going to work like a charm!!! I'm going to do a water test when all seams are sealed ill let you know how it turns out
tlynn87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
Penokee , Kansas
spray tar

From what I have seen on TV,, looks just like auto undercoat.. Any name brand spray on undercoat would do everything we see on TV,, for 1/4 the cost..

Just use a few cans under my AS today as a top seal over caulk inside the fender wells.

We have a lot of coarse sand on our local road and I feel it will soften the sand blast effect going down the road..

Sodbust
Sodbust is offline   Reply With Quote