Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Leaks - Weatherstrips, Gaskets, Caulks & Sealants
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1981 31' Excella II
Spruce Grove , Alberta
Does anyone know where to get Parbond in Canada?

M looking to do some seam sealing and would like to find some parrbond. However here in Edmonton Alberta, Canada I can't find any. I have found it on the Internet but am trying to find some somewhere in my general area. Anyone know where I might get some?
TPickerl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
I am bit disappointed that Fastenal doesn't carry it (or at least it doesn't show on their website), but you can always order it from the US.

I know that Vintage Trailer Supply and Out-Of-Doors Mart carry it and likely Inland RV do as well.

But call Fastenall in Edmonton; I have bought stuff from them that never sees the light of day on their website.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
Orem , Utah
finding supplies is darn near impossible

I found parabond state trailer supply $15 tube, your best bet is order online save the hassles. Pick up anything else you like while spending money for shipping.
starcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:52 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1981 31' Excella II
Spruce Grove , Alberta
Yah I had the guy from fastenall on the phone and he looked it up but he couldn't find it. How many tubes do you think I should get to seal the end caps? rather how long will a tube last or stretch? This is the reason I want to buy some locally so that I don't have a mountain of it or on the other hand too little. Any guidance would be welcome. I think I will probably buy it from Inland, because I need a Wing window as well. I just cringe at shipping things like that. I also like how much support Andy has on the forum. If there is a question he is always willing to help out with knowledgeable advice.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #5
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPickerl View Post
Yah I had the guy from fastenall on the phone and he looked it up but he couldn't find it. How many tubes do you think I should get to seal the end caps? rather how long will a tube last or stretch? This is the reason I want to buy some locally so that I don't have a mountain of it or on the other hand too little. Any guidance would be welcome. I think I will probably buy it from Inland, because I need a Wing window as well. I just cringe at shipping things like that. I also like how much support Andy has on the forum. If there is a question he is always willing to help out with knowledgeable advice.
If you wanted to seal "every" seam, it would take about 5 tubes of Parbond and 3 tubes of Vulkem, for your 31 footer.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1984 31' Airstream310
Ajo , Arizona
With Parbond and Vulkem (great products, all I use) it's best to let them soften in the sun or (with Parbond) soften in warm water.
Mike Leary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

1981 31' Excella II
Spruce Grove , Alberta
See look at this guy he is amazing!! Thanks Andy. I think I am going to start with the end caps and the leaks I can find and go from there.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #8
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPickerl View Post
See look at this guy he is amazing!! Thanks Andy. I think I am going to start with the end caps and the leaks I can find and go from there.
Since it appears your chasing down a leak, from something, you should also check the clearance lights, ceiling vent gaskets and especially the sewer vent pipe cover gaskets, which only last 2 to 3 years.

Lastly, check the gaskets and seals on all the windows, including the seals between the glass and metal frames.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #9
flygrrl

1962 19' Globetrotter
Winchester , Ontario
I Andy!!!
flygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote